Saturday, November 17, 2007

ho hum.

The lead singer of In This Moment can scream... I mean listen to her, man can she freakin' scream. Don't you wish you could freakin' scream like that sometimes, sounds like it would feel very theraputic, well I'll just let her scream for me I guess.

What a long week. Aiden was in DL this week because Isabella was sick so Karissa couldn't watch him. I missed him so much! By Thursday I was pretty sure I was going to have to drive to DL in the middle of the night to pick him up. Tab and Derek was coming to Grand Forks anyway so they brought him back to us. He came back with the most terrible cold ever. Plus, he's teething like crazy! Poor thing doesn't know what to do with himself, so he just fusses a lot. And cries and "MA MA MA MA MA MA" all over the house. Last night was the worst night we've had with him in a LONG while. He didn't sleep for longer than 2 hours at a time and when he woke up, he had no intentions of going back to bed. But Kevin woke up with him more than I did so when 6:00 rolled around and he started crying again, I just decided it was a good time to be up for the day. He continued to fuss most of the day. I feel very bad for him, he can't breath very well and I'm sure his mouth is killin' him. On the good side, I think the experience made Tab and Derek, who were trying to sleep across the hall from Aiden's room last night, rethink having a baby any time soon :) anytime guys.

Then I went into work to bring them tilex. One of the door locks for a guest room wasn't working, so after Kyle and I fiddled around with it for a while, we had to call in the maintanence guy, Dave. Well Dave couldn't fix it.. and after like 2 hours, it finally seemed like it worked... then I get home and get a call. Its Kyle... and God bless him for being so calm about it... "April, I'm sorry to bother you but we kind of have a catastrophe here, none of the guest doors will open with their keys and we can't make new keys that work"

pretty much one of the worst problem a hotel can have I'd say.

I went in... after an hour, we finally got a hold of tech support, and the problem was an easy fix... the date reset itself when dave was done re programming the lock for that one door... the key system thought it was June 1st, 1993. Obvious problem when the keys to the rooms say its 2007. PHEW! imagine our relief, that could have sucked big time.

I know this story is boring to most people, but considering I know 4 other people who work or have worked in a hotel that read my blog, they'll get a kick out of.

Last weekend Karissa, Tab and I went to Fargo for our girls weekend away. We had a blast! Did a little shopping, saw a movie (for 1.75 at the discount theater... awesome!) Hung out in the hotel room and got... well... silly off our asses. The pictures are hilarious, but I haven't decided whether or not I want to post them :)

Anyway, I'm rambling. But Tab gave me a hard time for not posting for a while. Here ya go bitch.

7 comments:

Mrs S said...

Wow, how could you even deal with a bunch of guests staring you in the face, freaking out because their keys didn't work. I suppose he can look at it on the bright side, it didn't happen when the hotel was full otherwise 65 different parties could have been in the lobby. Wow

Janelle said...

The "keys are not working" thing is funny, but just because it wasn't me. Otherwise, yeah, that had to have been terrible going to the hotel knowing you were about to get involved in the biggest problem you never want to imagine as a hotel manager. If it would have been me, I would have quit right on the spot...okay, maybe not really, but I probably would have been super stressed instantly.

BoneDaddy said...

Good girl posting In This Moment for your video...and you are going to post some of those pictures, or I'm going to punch you in the fuckin head!

April said...

wow doug... stressed much?

BoneDaddy said...

Nah, I just like party pictures. I throw the threat in to keep you on your toes.

Tab said...

It's about time!!!! I'm not doing much better with mine though, so I can't yell too much. I loved having your baby, even though he was pretty crabby...poor thing. Did you get him in to the Dr.? I still want to have my own...someday...soon!?! PS-I think you should let me and Karissa see those pics before you post them...they might be too dangerous!

Mr. Toast said...

Wow. We're staying at one of your chain's properties in Arkansas, and I'm sure glad they didn't have this problem. Our keys have worked fine, but they did have a little trouble when we told them we wanted a non-smoking room on the 2nd floor...

BTW, is there any chance that Kevin and Doug were interviewed by The Weather Channel in Chicago over the holiday? I saw a video clip featuring two guys talking about travel conditions at O'Hare, and I swear it looked just like them.