Friday, September 07, 2007

Whose on first?

Me: Thank you for Calling the Grand Forks Comfort Inn, My name is April, How can I help you today?

Guest on other end: Yeah, Eva, I was wondering if you have rooms available for tonight.

Not Eva: Yes we do, were you looking for smoking or Non smoking

Guest: We want the second floor

Me: We do have rooms available on the second floor, however they are smoking, if you want a non smoking room, you would be on the first floor this evening.

Guest: We don't smoke.

Me: okay, then you would have to be in a non smoking room on the first floor.

Guest: You just said there were rooms on the second floor...

Me: Yes, ma'am but those rooms are smoking

Guest: I told you I don't want smoking

Me: Yes, I know but we only have non smoking rooms available on the first floor for tonight.

Guest: So you have to smoke if you want the second floor?

Me: No, we do have non smoking rooms on the second floor, but they are not available for tonight.

Guest: WE DON'T SMOKE!

Me: uh... you uh... don't have to smoke.... um...

Guest: Eva, do you or do you not have a room, non smoking on the second floor for tonight.

Not Eva: .......... no Ma'am

*Click*

5 minutes later

Me: Thank you for Calling the Gra....

Guest: Yeah Eva, I just called your 1-800 line and they said you DO have non smoking rooms available for tonight

NOT EVA: We do, but only on the first floor.

Guest: Not this again... we want the second floor.

Me: We do not have any more rooms on the second floor available. They are all full.

Guest: I thought you said you had smoking rooms available on the second floor.

Me: I thought you said you did NOT want smoking.

Guest: We don't.

Me: um.. (how many different ways can I explain this...) The 1-800 number does not see the exact room numbers available, just room types, they can not guarantee certain rooms or floors or areas of the hotel. Room assignments are left up to the hotel directly.

Guest: I'm going to call Choice Hotels and I'm going to give them your name, Eva, and I'm going to tell them that you were very confusing to speak to.

Me: Sorry I could not have been more helpful to you Ma'am.

*Click*

12 comments:

Karissa (mommy) said...

Sucks for Eva. She's in deep shit I guess.

Anonymous said...

After all that and she didn't even spit out an "eh" for ya to giggle at?

-Ben

Penny said...

Well April...I hope Eva isn't your "best freind" doesn't sound like she's going to be working there much longer. Tell Eva I wish her the best. Oh, by the way do you have any non smoking rooms open on the 2nd floor? I hope I don't get Eva when I call she sounds like a real trouble maker.

Jennie W said...

Hey, well, at least she "not listened" to your name as well!

Anonymous said...

COME ON EVA, WHERE ARE THOSE ROOMS THEY TOLD US ABOUT?? DON'T YOU WANT TO RENT US A ROOM?? COME ON EVA!!

Anonymous said...

Gee, thanks so much for getting me into trouble! I guess you don't care who you step on to get ahead in the motel! Right??
-Eva

Mr. Toast said...

But ... but ... WE WANT A NON SMOKING ROOM!

ON THE SECOND FLOOR!

WHAT'S YOUR DAMN PROBLEM, EVA???

Ah, forget it. We're calling the C'Mon Inn.

Mrs S said...

Wow, I think you really need to have a talk with eva, she sounds like she upsets your guests.

Some people.....

April said...

been a while since I had more than like 3 comments... You LIKE me, you really really like me!?

KSoFM said...

ahahaha.

too funny.

Mrs S said...

"This is amber how can I help you?"

"yes Jennifer I need to make an appt"

The patient was only mildly rude but I seriosly almost died laughing because of this story.w

Anonymous said...

lol some people can be really stupid...