Monday, February 18, 2008

Mission Skinny: I'll kill myself before I eat any more damn brown rice

Well, Day 4 is wrapping up, and I'm not gonna lie... so far it has sucked. But I haven't cheated, not once. Well ok, except for when I didn't know that they were going to put cheese on my salad, and I had to pick it all off, and one or two peices ended up getting eaten. Its the only time I've eaten out, We bought Culvers for the Hotel staff yesterday, I ordered the salad, but then I had to drive with 6 cheeseburgers and a bag full of french fries in my car, alone, for 5 minutes. Now THAT is what i call freakin' will power! If I can make it through that, I'll be good for the next 5 days.

In 5 days, we get to introduce chicken and lean hamburger, and more yummy foods. oh and DIET SODAS! I don't mind the food we're eating, in fact, if I was locked up in my house for the first 9 days of this diet, It would be easy sailing. I have to leave the house, however, where a person meets temptation every 15 minutes. We've done very well so far. I love our new Rocumant (butchered the spelling I know) bike, and It feels great to work out every day. I don't feel like I'm loosing any weight but I think it's IMPOSSIBLE to NOT loose anything the way we're living!

We got a new video camera! WOO HOO! We've been wanting one since Aiden was born, but we finally got one! So when I finally learn how to work the damn thing, watch out because you'll be BONBARDED with Aiden video. We'll keep it down to a minimum :)

American Idol isn't as exciting as it has been, and with the lowest rating than any other season, I don't see this season doing too well. But I'm obsessed so you know I'll have to keep with it. Right now, my pick is the Rocker Chick that sang Janis for her Auditions.

I can't wait to weigh myself on Sunday! Well, laundry calls.....

7 comments:

Janelle said...

I will call you sometime. YOu have to tell me what the diet involves. I need a diet bad.

Tab said...

I'm glad to hear things are going good. I agree that the temptations all around you are the hardest to overcome. But, just think, if you can get thru these first 9 days, you can do just about anything. It gets much easier after day 10 and you can have meat again. Persistance is key and if you stick thru it...VICTORY WILL BE YOURS!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAA :)
Plus, if I can do it...anyone should be able to. I weigh in tomorrow-Wednesday, so I'll post my progress then.

Anonymous said...

Hey - congrats on the successful first few days. I've never heard of the FAT SMASH diet - it sounds so appealing! Like you get to attack the fat. I'm sure it isn't quite that fun though :)

Keep us posted! It would be great to "lose weight" vicariously through you :)

Katie (I can't remember my login info - its late...)

April said...

Thanks guys for all the encouragment. I have to go to the doctor today, and they're gonna weigh me, it'll be hard not to look!! but I'm going to have to tell them to not tell me!

Karissa (mommy) said...

Woo hoo! You can do it! Keep it up! You're doing great! Carrots are yummy!

Anonymous said...

carrots may be yummy....but chocolate is yummier. Which is why I don't succeed at diets. But Kudos to you and Kevin and keep up the good work!

Amanda

Mrs S said...

Good job! so you don't get to weigh yourself for the whole first 9 days?

It will be exciting to hear how successful you guys have been!

So how is brown rice and how do you cook it and what do you eat it with. In my ongoing attempt to lose Bailey Baby weight we are going to try some new healthier recipes we are going to try sweet potatoe souffle some night this week hmmmm.... sounds interesting right? except for the fact I've never eaten a sweet potatoe in my life that didn't come out of a can.