Monday, February 25, 2008

Mission Skinny: And the high comes crashing to the ground

So I'm going to tell ya all something... One of the reasons I decided to go on this diet is because even though I had Aiden 14 months ago, I still had baby fat on my tummy because I was lazy. 3 times in a matter of one week I was asked "are you expecting?" Or "when are you due" and to that I answered "13 months ago" Or "no I'm not pregnant I'm just fat" Then I would have a mental breakdown and cry because I didn't think I was THAT fat. I thought I was going to hyperventalate and pass out because I was so upset and embarrassed. Stupid people and their stupid questions... and if I really AM that fat, i'm not fat enough for someone to ask that question yet.... so I must be 9 months pregnant fat.

Anywho... so this morning I woke up in the best of moods. High on the fact that I lost 10 pounds! 10! Then approx. 10 minutes ago, a guest came up and asked me "are you pregnant?"
My heart dropped, my high crashed into hell and I felt all hot and like I was going to puke right then and there on that asshole. "no I'm not pregnant, but thanks for that" I could have said it more polite, but who the hell cares.

So GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I shouldn't be blogging at work, just wanted to get rid of some of my GRRRRRRRRRRR.....

9 comments:

Tab said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tab said...

OMG!! People are so retarded. I'm GGRRRRRR-ing with you. I have been asked that question alot too...only I don't have any baby fat....just fat :( I did tell one person "No I'm not pregnant. I'm just FAT" and they were so embarassed and kept apoligizing. Too late, buddy, the damage is already done! Oh, well, just know that some people have no common sense and blurt things out cuz they don't have the smarts to think about how their comment will affect the person they are talking too. IF IT'S NOT OBVIOUS...DON'T ASK!!!!!
Don't let it get you down and run your good progress off course. Use it as motivation. You always have to find the positive things, AND laugh about it. If I didn't crack jokes about everything, I truely would be insane by now!

Anonymous said...

I know a lot of people that has happened too...Don't let it get you down..people can be totally rude and oblivious sometimes...10 lbs in 9 days is FANTASTIC...just think of how good it is going to feel getting on the scale again...you are doing awesome!!
angela

Mrs S said...

People are "special" types of morons when they ask people questions like that, by the way I've been asked that question as well and it was before I was pregnant ever so don't worry its not because you look pregnant its just because people are stupid.

10 pounds is great! You should feel good about yourself.

BoneDaddy said...

I think you answered them right. Knowing your tone, they would have caught the sarcasm and maybe realized how rude it is. Unless they were old. Old people just always think they're right and don't see why you should get mad. Or Chinese. Then there'd be that whole language barrier thing, and when you tried to explain to them the difference between American polite and rude, they would think you were talking about pop and ask "You wan' Coke?" and you just wouldn't get anywhere with them except the buffet, and you guys can't do that right now because you're still on your diets and a buffet is like the worst thing you could do on a diet. So I guess you wouldn't be talking to many Chinese people around here.
But yeah, that's pretty rude.

April said...

OMD

Penny said...

Wow! I just saw you on Sunday and no way in hell do you look pregnant! I could never figure out why a person would ask some one your size, if you were pregnant! You don't have a pouch on your stomach. Anyone that thinks so must be anorexic. I think you look great and if you keep up that diet you and Kevin will feel healther and have more energy! So don't let ignorant people make you feel bad about yourself.

Mr. Toast said...

I may not have learned THAT much in my life, but there is one thing I know for certain: you never, ever, EVER ask a woman "are you pregnant?"

No. The proper phrase to say to a woman, which applies to ANY woman at any time under ANY possible circumstance, is "Hey, have you lost weight?" The other phrase that sometimes works (albeit not as well or as universally) is, "I really like your shoes."

"Gee, your hair smells terrific", while once an OK choice in a pinch, is no longer recommended.

Liz said...

Yeah, I get that question from students, too. It's totally distressing, but I say the same thin, I'm just fat.

They wouldn't dare ask the 40+ teachers that are obviously overweight if they're pregnant, why me?!?!?

As IF being a FT worker and FT mom and a wife leaves time to think of yourself, whatever!

But, you know what, total congrats on being strong and gettin' healthier...I'm still waiting for my strength.