Thursday, January 03, 2008

Aiden's Thumb

Aiden learned something new last week. Mommy's hair straightner is hot. and hot hurts damnit. I thought Aiden was in the hallway playing, I didn't know he was behind me until I saw my hair straightner start to fall off the counter. I spun around and made a quick dash for the stupid thing, well Aiden picked it up first. He didn't realize that it hurt until I ripped it out of his hand. He looked at his hand and then SCREEEEEAMED like a fire siren for an hour. All the way to the doctor's office. Luckily, we were heading there any way for Aiden's 1st year appointment, so it was good timing, I guess. 2nd degree burns on his thumb, with a huge blister. Poor baby, I feel like a horrible mommy for not even noticing him grabbing for it, but I guess the eyes on the back of my head aren't fully developed yet, they're still new. But one week later, it looks ok. I think he'll keep his thumb :)

We had a great weekend last weekend, we went to DL and hung out with the crew. My mom and Dad kept Aiden for a couple of days while we went back to GF to ring in the New Year. Us, Amber, Ben, Tab and Derek played ROCK BAND until 11:50 when we turned on the TV and watched the ball drop (delayed for time change, that is). I had Tuesday off, and it was amazing, we didn't have any responsibilities for a whole day! no job, no baby... very nice.

This weekend we're thinking about going to Fargo to meet up with Amy and hang out with her. SHe still hasn't met Aiden :)!

I gave up on my peice of shit camera. Something just not right with it. So I guess this is all you get today :)

2 comments:

Penny said...

I'm glad to hear that his thumb is looking better. One thing I learned having him here this week is that he can sneak up behind you and he doesn't make a sound. You turn around and bang he gets knocked over. I think we should put bells on him or something so we know where he is. Ha ha ha ha.
I miss him already. Hey by the way check out my blog I posted pictures of what we painted in the pool the last three days! They are pretty cool. If I do say so myself.

Liz said...

Join the club! Emily grabbed Erik's coffee cup off the bathroom counter and spilled it all over herself. If I hadn't been focused on Emily, I probably would have beat up Erik!