Wednesday, April 19, 2006

No, I didn't forget...

About American Idol!! Although this whole baby thing is all I can think about every millisecond of my day, I still squeezed American Idol in there... because thats what addicts do, they find the time to enjoy their vices. I don't want to tire you all out right away with the constant baby talk, so I'll try my hardest to mix in normal, nothing-to-do with baby topics.

First of all, I HATE ROD STWERART. I always have, I hate his voice, I hate how he looks, I hate how he dresses and I hate his cocky attitude. I hate his 80's persona that he has dragged with him this far. so when I found out American Idol was doing a themed "rod stwerart" episode, I almost gave up and mailed in my AI fan club button. But when I realized they were doing his new "classics" cover albums, I relaxed. No, we didn't have to sit through a whole hour of original Rod classics.... we got to listen to real classics.. mostly jazz. My favorite was Katheryn McPhee who did a beautiful version of "Someone to Watch Over me" Which, if I'm not mistaken" is a Gershwin tune. If you have ever watched the movie "Mr. Hollands Opus" you'd know what I'm talking about. I LOVE THAT MOVIE.. it is very easily one of my favorites... top five at least. I love that song, and I think Katheryn did it very well. Well enough, I'm almost thinking I like her more than Chris Daughtry. Kevin calls Katheryn "Miss Disney" because her voice reminds him of every Disney song ever sang. and he's right, she would be a great Disney singer. But I think she's more talented than that. Oh and she's HOT. My prediction is that we'll FINALLY see Kelly Pickler go home tonight. She sucked it up big time last night. She even said that she "butchered" the song. Now, everyone knows, that if you do bad on something, you act like it was the best performance you've ever done, you lift your head in confidence. but no, Kelly gave a horrible look into the camera, and when asked how she thinks she did, she said "I butchered it" well, now even people who think she did well are just convinced by Kelly herself that she doesn't deserve to be the next American Idol.

so there you have it.

5 comments:

Karissa (mommy) said...

Excuse me, but I think you are allowed to talk about your baby as much as possible. Doesn't bother me. So do it!

Penny said...

Well I personally don't think one post is concidered obsessing over your baby. It would take a lot more than that befor I would ask you to stop, not that I would ever do that since I'm going to be a grandma!!
It's barely sunk in yet.

Anonymous said...

yes april i still read your blog... i just havnet had much to comment about ... im so excited for you to have a baby!! but i think the teacher just gave us a hint that if we were done we should work on our binder ... so i best wrap it up now... ttyl

Anonymous said...

Heh, I learned to never depend on the digital viewfinder to determine if a pic came out or not. I mean you'll be able to tell if you royally screwed up a pic. (like you trying to get a picture of me without my eyes being closed :P) but most of the sutble, and not so sutble problems aren't visible due to the displays patheticly low resolution. which is usually 320x200 (.64 Megapixel)vs a camera's resolution. Mine for example is a 4MP camera. that means when im looking at my viewfinder every pixel it displays equals about 6.4 pixels of acutal camera resolution its easy to see why detail is lost. On you cama the problem is even more pronounced. IIRC your camera is an 8mp. With probably the same resolution display the compression of pixels is 12.5 to 1.

Of cours my camera now longer has a digital viewfinder (stupid kevlar). thats what I get for not buying a hard case for my camera when i know that military enviroment aren't conducive to camera health, but thats a story for another time.

Sorry if i bored ya'll but I haven't annoyed anyone with my geekyness for a while.

April said...

yeah I know whatchya mean butto, Everyone says having a digital camera is great because you can view a pic and tell if you need to take another one or not, but its not as accurate as most people think. If you use your ZOOM option to view your pic, then you'll get to seee all the little mistakes and blurs.