Monday, January 16, 2006

Janelle and Baby

Here is Janelle and Darrens new baby

http://www.altrulakeregion.org/Babies/jessie%20ann.html


She has gone through some problems, but we have faith that she'll will be going home in the next couple of days. She has lost quite a bit of weight and now weighs like 4 lbs 8 oz.. or something like that. She hasn't been able to eat, so she has a feeding tube. They were going to discharge Janelle today, but Janelle talked them into letting her stay at least one more day to be with Jessie. Jessie is so small, but so beautiful, and has a head full of hair. I wasn't going to post anything, but I went up to see Janelle at the hospital and told her people were wondering... so here I am.

Jessie also has Jaundice... so she's a bit yellow, but they have her under those lights. She is so small and with all those tubes and lights, she looks so helpless, but everyone is pretty sure she'll pull through just fine, she's just small. They tested her hearing and she can hear perfectly.

Janelle is doing exceptionally well. She looks great, and hasn't complained of pain (although I'm sure she is in pain, just not telling me about it) I snuck her some McDonalds tonight because I can't imagine eating hospital food for 4 days has been too great.

I'll keep ya posted.

4 comments:

BoneDaddy said...

I hope she pulls through okay. Keep us posted.

Karissa (mommy) said...

You did a very, VERY good thing bringing her McDonald's. The food I ate in the hospital everyday wasn't terrible, but it doesn't compare to McDonald's.

If you see her again, let her know we are thinking about her and the little baby. I'm sure everything will turn out well for them.

Karissa (mommy) said...

I just looked at her pic, and she is beautiful. She looks so tiny! I like that they were able to get a pic with her eyes open, because most pics of newborn babies are with their eyes closed it seems. Very cute...

Liz said...

Sounds like everything will be okay. Very cute picture! I'm glad women don't have to stay in the hospital as long as they used to....a week would be unbearable!!!!

The only downside once you get home is, "What do we do now???" :-)