Sunday, January 15, 2006

Accomplishment

Its amazing what you can achieve in one day when you're motivated. It came to our realization today that Kevin has to start living in GF in two weeks! Thats not much time. We have two more weekends to move some stuff to the house in GF so Kevin will have things there... like furniture and entertainment... uh oh... he better not be thinking he's getting the computer right away! oh hell no.

Today is me and Kevin's anniversary... no not our wedding anniversary, thats in July (it'll be three years.. holy shit...) but this is the anniversary when we started dating... 10 years ago!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT! Yup we are high school sweethearts. We met in ROTC Drill Team (yeah, that's where you throw guns around) and we've been together ever since. Oddly enough while i was packing the other day I found the notbook Kevin and I kept to write notes to eachother in our second year dating in High School. Today I picked it up and read it, and my heart melted. It was like a blast from the past, it brought back so many memories that I had forgotten, inside jokes that completely slipped my mind. Kevin wrote me a lot of poems, and I don't know if they are all original, but I still like them. Here is one of my favorites.

Just Think
When life gets rough and difficult
and the work just has no end
Just thnk of us together
and the pain will go away

WHen people try to hut you
with their harsh thoughts and words
Just remember theres someone that loves you
and the pain will go away

When all seems lost and empty
and no one will understand
Just trust in me to listen
and the pain will go away

When the world has come down on you
and you can't take it anymore
just use my shoulder to lean on
and the pain will go away

When I am depressed or angry
Because it happens to us all
Just tell me that you love me
and the pain will go away.

AHHHHHHHH!!! How can you not just LOVE that! It is soooo cheesy but I love it. I don't remember getting that poem the first time, but reading it makes me feel all fuzzy uzzy. He's still the same sweet guy. I'm glad I didn't listen to people when they told me "are you sure you want to spend the rest of your life with the ONLY guy you've ever dated?"

yes, yes I do. And I don't think I'll EVER feel any different. We've been out of high school for 7 years (for me, 9 years for Kevin) and that is plenty of time to learn if our relationship is more than just "puppy" love

We haven't celebrated our "first date" anniversary in a LOOOONG time, but I figure since its hit the TEN year mark, we have the right.

So anyway, I'm getting so excited to move back to GF!!! I'm going to miss my job like CRAZY, it is by far the best job I've ever had. I really hoped that something like that would be available in GF, but theres not, so I'm applying for a job at Altru Hospital. A receptionist in the Radiology department. THey pay 10.00/hour and I would get free health insurance, which means Kevin and I would pay absolutely NOTHING for health insurance which is AWESOME! I applied on line, and recieved a confirmation, so I hope they call for an interview. I also wanted to apply for a job at a halfway house for battered Women and Children, but its only part time and I would have to sleep there at least one night a week, but it sounded like something I would have been interested in.

THis post is getting too long...

8 comments:

BoneDaddy said...

April, you know better! In ROTC they are called "rifles" or "weapons", but NOT GUNS!!
Bad April. Bad.

Karissa (mommy) said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Josie, group organizer said...

Lol, I was so going to apply for that position. Damnit. Oh well. Hope you get it though! I think Amber was going to apply for it as well....

Happy Anny!

April said...

Damn! I think Amber has a way better chance at that job since she's working in Altru right now so she has her foot in the door. Oh well... I'll practice my "would you like fries with tht?" hahahaha

April said...

oh and Doug, I'll do 20 pushups for that comment...

Liz said...

Happy dating anniversary! Good luck w/ the job search in GF.

Penny said...

Happy aniversary!! I remember when Kevin would buy you a rose for all your anniversaries. Such a romantic. Who could follow an act like that?? Good luck on finding a job! I personally would like you do find some thing in your feild. Maybe you could call around to all the photagraphy places and ask if they would could use an extreemly talanted associate. Who know maybe there is someone out there that doesn't know yet that they need help. Anyway GOOD LUCK :)

Anonymous said...

yey for anniversaries! say i think there is somebody with head start that is looking for a wedding photographer and wanting a tad bit cheeper then the quotes that they have recieved here in town ... ya intrested... if so i will let tammy know (ya cant call her right now... her daughter has her phone because of a mix up with her daughters phone i guess ... long story)...but hey its a way to get yourself out there.... cause after today (me and tammy attempted to teach the head start ladies some stuff about how to make forms with excel ... and how to do email stuff... crazy!) trust me these ladies talk! so soon after ya do it your gonna become so wanted your gonna have a 2 year waiting list... people will be stalking you and baning down your door... putting off there wedings for years to have Weddings by April take their photos!