Saturday, October 29, 2005

Who's Next?

I asked that question in Josie's blog when a classmate of hers hilled himself.. I explained that I've lost 5 of my classmates already, the shock wears off after a while, and instead of saddness, you start askig who's next...

Tanya was my best friend from 1st grade to 7th when she moved to a town 30 miles away with a different school. We even had a best friend symbol with the letters of our first names. Then we lost touch when she moved... and in High School, she started dating Jory, so I got to see her again. Just yesterday I was thinking of her cause I heard her sister on the radio. "Whatever happened to her?"

Tanya died in a car accident yesterday. She was on her way home (she lives in Colorado now) and she was going too fast on a road under construction. Her car went into the lake and was found yesterday morning. 20 miles away from her parents house in Leeds. I'm really sad :(
Janelle knew her too cause she moved to Leeds where Janelle went to school. you can read more about her on Janelle's blog.

I was wrong. the shock doesn't wear off, when you know the person well.... it still hurts just as much as ever.

5 comments:

Janelle said...

I haven't really known anyone who has committed suicide. Wen I hear that somone has killed themselves, I just think to myself "you were a stupid shit" and I don't really feel to bad. I mean, how can someone get so lonely that they can not say something to someone to get them through whatever the problem is. But when it's something so sudden, so innocent, something that shouldn't have happend to someone until they have been married for 40 years and have had grandchildren and have lead a full life that is really hurts and effects a person. I have thought of Tanya off and on over the last few months and I have thought of writting an email or getting her new phone number from her mom but I never got around to it....yeah, isn't that what everyone says too "I'll get around to it." I feel awful, just horrible that something happend to her before I could talk to her again.

Jory and Kathy said...

Holy christ! I'm at a complete loss for words. It seems like I known too many people who have died. Suicide being a few and now two accidents. I seriously can't believe it...

KSoFM said...

what is going on there? why so much suicide? is this common in the state or just a certain age group? I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this death in your life. I only have 2 close friends that have died, one ex-girlfriend who was in a car accident senior year in high school and a cousin who was killed.

again, i'm sorry.

April said...

Tanya died in a car accident, not suicide.

But no, suicide is no more common here than it is every where else, its just that every one knows everyone... and so I think it hits harder... I don't know.

Karissa (mommy) said...

I don't know who the kids are that committed suicide so I may not be talking about them at all. But suicide among Native Americans is higher than other races. Maybe that's why lots of kids seem to commit suicide in DL. I heard recently about a reservation in Minnesota that did or is going to put on an awareness thing about suicide because it's so prevalent on reservations.