Wednesday, October 26, 2005

ho hum

I'm bored. Amber called and we couldn't think of anything to do, so we're both basically just sitting at our respective homes being bored out of our mind. Living in such a suck-ass town (sorry but it is) No, wonder we have one of the highest meth labs per capita.... people are bored what else do they have to do... I can almost see where they're coming from. At least when I was younger and living here we could entertain ourselves by simply hanging out, listening to the Cranberries, and going for walks by the tracks. Or driving around Main Street a billion times pulling people into the parking lot to talk... or hanging out on the step of the Old Post Office. There is no Youth Orginization in town so there is nothing for young people to do...so they have to find stuff to do. Now that I'm older, there REALLY isn't anything to do. No clubs, no chain restaurants, only one theatre with three screens playing movies that came out three weeks ago, the only places open past 11pm are McDonalds DRIVE THRU, and Holiday gas station. That is is, no exhagerating. Oh, except now the bars are allowed to be open until 2am, instead of 1am.... too bad parking uptown ends at 1am still.... which means if you stay at the bar til 2am, you're gonna get a parking ticket... tricky little bastards. The bowling alley has open bowling from 9:30-midnight.... hm.... um.. no.

I think I might start scrapbooking.

I'm still really liking my job, right now I'm designing a poster for the Lake Region State College Basketball, its actually fun, and I'm honing up on my photoshop skills to get ready for Senior graduation announcemnets. I'm also learning a lot about framing, and the mat cutter thing is really fun, call me a nerd, but I think its neat seeing how mats and frames and a peice of glass make any photo or poster look 100% more professional and beautiful.

ANyway, Amber just called and we have a date, so I'll talk to ya later.

9 comments:

Jory and Kathy said...

April, you hit every one of the things we used to do back in highschool in one sentence. I don't know if the nostalgia outweighs the pure sadness of that... :)

Not much to do here either. Bar scene sucks ass and the police have checkpoints set up anyway so if you drink even one they'll bust you for DUI.

Just do what I do when I'm bored: Think of ways to kill people. You'd be surprised how creative and macabre you can get.

Liz said...

I totally understand the small-town life thing. Growing up in a town much smaller than Devils Lake, it's no wonder our county was the 2nd highest underage drinking county in the whole US!

At least you know people there...it's tough trying to meet people except through work.

Penny said...

Scrapbooking??!! What are you talking about I know you better than that. Doesn't that include cutting up pictures?? April didn't you just tell me lately that it was just wrong to cut up pictures?I know that you are not that desprate! By the way as far as the street cleaning thing. If you park on the Aves. Tue. & Thru, and the
streets on Mon. Wed. and Fri. You shouldn't get a ticket.

Jory why would you want to think of ways to kill people?? There must be other ways to keep yourself intertained don't you think? Try to think of something to invent that will make you millions and then you can use your money to set up something for the youth of DL. Yeah how does that sound? You may still get board sometimes but you won't care as much cuz you can always sit and count your money. LOL

BoneDaddy said...

As many problems as I've had with DL, boredom wasn't really on my top 10.
Then again, most kids don't find wandering about all the little nooks & crannies of DL entertaining. If tey did, I would drive myself nuts trying to find a place to hang out by myself.

April said...

mom, it doesn't matter if it is a street or ave. anywhere downtown is NO parking everyday after 1am.... street cleaning has nothing to do with it.

Karissa (mommy) said...

I'm with Jory, but personally I enjoy planning ways to rob banks and gas stations. Ok, so I'd never actually do that, but it's fun to think of how to get away with it...

Anonymous said...

im sorry your borred... you guys can always come visit me ... ;) ... so did you tell your boss about your singnater matt photo idea... i know everyone in hastings really likes them ... its fun to go back and read all the things that the people at your grad party wrote for you ... i love myn... say off the subject ... but what software does kevin use to copy dvd's? i need to get someting that does that ... let me know if ya can ... thanks!

April said...

first off... I too can burn DVD's! So there!! But WE use Nero... at least that is what we use at work...


Oh and CUTTING pictures is NOT neccessary for scrapbooking! Cutting them into smaller rectangles or CROPPING them with borders is different than using a silly scissors with 5 different cut designs and BUTCHERING the actual original photo, is acceptable.

Liz said...

I got a bunch of scrapbooking items for Emily's babyshower that I will eventually start. If you want to be a serious scrapbooker, you gotta meet Erik's mom and grandma! His grandma has a whole room dedicated to working on scrapbooks!