Thursday, March 03, 2005

Ordinary People

Have you heard John Legend's song "Ordinary People" well it is REALLY good. You should all listen to it, and take it's advise...

"Ordinary People"

[Verse 1]

Girl im in love with you
This ain't the honeymoon
Past the infatuation phase
Right in the thick of love
At times we get sick of love
It seems like we argue everyday

[Bridge]

I know i misbehaved
And you made your mistakes
And we both still got room left to grow
And though love sometimes hurts
I still put you first
And we'll make this thing work
But I think we should take it slow

[Chorus]

We're just ordinary people
We don't know which way to go
Cuz we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh)
This time we'll take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh)
This time we'll take it slow

[Verse 2]

This ain't a movie no
No fairy tale conclusion ya'll
It gets more confusing everyday
Sometimes it's heaven sent
We head back to hell again
We kiss and we make up on the way

[Bridge]

I hang up you call
We rise and we fall
And we feel like just walking away
But as our love advances
We take second chances
Though it's not a fantasy
I Still want you to stay

[Chorus]

We're just ordinary people
We don't know which way to go
Cuz we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh)
This time we'll take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh)
This time we'll take it slow

[Verse 3]

Take it slow
Maybe we'll live and learn
Maybe we'll crash and burn
Maybe you'll stay, maybe you'll leave,
maybe you'll return
Maybe another fight
Maybe we won't survive
But maybe we'll grow
We never know baby youuuu and I

[Chorus]

We're just ordinary people
We don't know which way to go
Cuz we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow (Heyyy)
We're just ordinary people
We don't know which way to go
Cuz we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh)
This time we'll take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh)
This time we'll take it slow


Anyway, Kevin and I are back to our ordinary selves too!! I like having him back. Especially since he just got finished cleaning the cat room... yup the one with all the icky litter. Mopped it and everything, such a good little man. It's our small storage unit, and he took everything out, threw junk away, cleaned and now is putting everything back in. Now he is attempting to put the matresses into that closet. This should be entertaining...

Kevin had an interview with Cliff from Select Therapy from DL today. It went really well. This way, we'll still move to DL, but Kevin will have a job that he will be happier with, and this one pays more too. Plus, he'll be like Jose's boss... okay not really, but they'll work together, if she is still able to work by the time he gets there. :)

Did I mention I'm really happy he's back home... 'cause, you know, I am...

6 comments:

April said...

I didn't mean to call Josie Jose. She is not a mexican dude... correction made.. :)

Mrs S said...

I was actually going to ask you when a mexican named Jose started at Josie's job lol. I'm sure you are really glad Kevins home and I liked the lyrics to that song. It really a lot like it is. I don't think I've ever actaully heard it before though. I'll have to download.

Josie, group organizer said...

I saw the video to that song and I thought the concept was good but I just don't like the "we're just ordinary people, take it slow part". I think it could have been worded a little bit better but compared to most songs out now....there isn't much room to complain. Cliff can be a great guy and also a real ass. I'm really surprised you guys didn't stay in forks. Yeah I'm not sure how much longer I'll be working there but you never know. :)

Penny said...

Yayyyyyy They are moving to Devils Lake!!! This is for sure now right?? I could see when you and Kevin were home that you were so much happier when you are together. I know of a song that is named "Ordinary People" but guess what it's not that song, It's country song and when I first saw that name I thought... What?
April is listening to country now??
But then I read the words and realized it was a different song. Sometime I will have to let you listen to the country virsion.
I can't remember all the words like you did but it talks about how ordinary people have extrodinary love and how the movie stars are lucky to have 5 long years and then divorce. But his grandma and grandpa had 57 years together. Any way you get the idea.
By the way were you missing any thing when you got home? Something that tastes yummy? I'm thinking If you forget it one more time I'll be eating it myself. LOL
Mom

Stonegateguy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stonegateguy said...

so im a little lost ... did the GF job turn out to be a BUST or did you guys just decide that DL is where you wanted to be... just cirious... one min your here one min your there and im just lost now ... but thats not hard to lose me .. lol... well any way im glad to hear that kevin has found somting that he will enjoy doing... (oh my! my dads words are going to come out of my mouth right now ...im scared) find a job that you enjoy and you will never work a day in your life...