Tuesday, March 01, 2005

AND THE ANSWER IS...

I know you have all been waiting to know what the image below means... well... here ya go. In class, the teacher asked us to make an image that symbolized the actual creation of the image, break it down to its simplest form... So to understand it, here is some background in color and how it is "mixed" there are four basic colors that exist to form all the colors of the rainbow (or values of light that mixes... but anyway) they are Cyan (C), Magenta (M), Yellow (Y), and Black (K). This is how your color photos are developed too, by the way; Making this concept the most important aspect of what I love to do... photography!

So back to the image below... I simply wrote the values of each color (CYMK) in the actual color that it makes. And I went down the line...to make this rainbow...and in the image the rainbow is broken down into its simpelst form...CMYK. This is actually only one half of the image, I had to break it in two parts to fit on the paper I was printing on, so I did the WHOLE color spectrum of CMYK... but it isn't all here, I lost part of it on a disk somewhere.

Another way it is broken down to its simplest form is that I used a computer to digitally make this image, and that is the only way it can be viewed because when you print it out, some color values are lost in the restrictions of the printer. And so yeah... there ya go... not too complicated, but I'm proud I thought of the idea. Some people totally didn't get the assignment... yay for me.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Oh I knew it was something like that,yeah really I did. We are using it for our desk top. Dad wanted to see what it looked like up close and personal. He is still trying to get the point. Is it just me or is this new comment page take a long time to pop up?

Karissa (mommy) said...

Not too complicated?! Yeah, maybe for someone who's not too stupid. I get what you're saying, but pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do it. Yea! for you knowing what to do and be smarter than other people.