Saturday, February 05, 2005

Grrrr...

So there is this big long situation at work that would take my whole blog to explain (and I'm not sure you would all realy care anyway) but because of this situation, I am stuck working odd shifts for the next two weeks. okay I'll let you in just a little... there is this girl (I'm her supervisor, and make the schedule) and she is having emotional issues right now... okay thats too bad, we all have those days... well first she says she needs to have this day off and that she'll make up for it Saturday the 12th. Okay, so I schedule her for the 12th and give her the day she was asking for off. Then I find out that she is trying to find someone to work for her that day... no one will. Then for some reason she starts telling everyone I hate her... first of all I rarely have ever said i HATE ANYONE. Second... I like this girl for the most part. I don't like being her supervisor and I don't necessarily like working around her VERY SPECIFIC NEEDY schedule ALL THE TIME... but I don't NOT like her. I've never told ANYONE I don't like her... anyway...tangent... So then she all of a sudden is having these emotional issues and I come to work yesterday at 7am and find a note saying due to "health" problems she isn't able to work her shifts this weekend or next weekend. Well she was scheduled to work after me yesterday so guess who had to work 12 hours... me. then I had to work tonight instead of this morning and I have to get up in 7 hours and work tomorrow morning. AND guess who gets to fill her shift NEXT weekend... ME! The weekend I was going to Bemidji to see Kevin and his place. This is the SECOND time my plans to do that have failed. But I understand this is all part of my job so I can't be too upset, just venting I guess.

My manager talked to this girl (for like an HOUR) and still didn't FIRE her even though this isn't the first time we have had problems like this with her. I feel bad that she is going through a bad time, but EVERYONE has lives, and I know that most of the things she can't 'deal' with are problems she has caused for herself, and she gets herself way too worked up over things that most people would consider minor. That is NO reason to just leave a "sorry I can't work my shift today or the next couple of weeks" SHe had the WHOLE month of december off, and didn't help ONE BIT during the World Junior Hockey Tourny.... We have all broken plans to fit HER schedule and I can't remember a time when she did that for us.

I hate girls... so damn dramatic all the time... oh wait I am one...I hate myself when I get that way too.

Anyway, wow that was a long rant... opinions anyone?

I went to the doc yesterday about my headaches, she looked me over a bit, and found nothing unusual that would be causing my headaches, but she did find a swollen and inflamed eardrum... funny my ear doesn't hurt. But she gave me meds for that and they make me sleepy, it sucks. And I still have a headache...

Okay, I gotta be at work in 7 hours.. better get some sleep, thanks for reading this post, if you made it this far, you're a real trooper!

4 comments:

Mrs S said...

wow sounds fun??!!?? Don't you just love people like that there seems to be someone like that at every job.

Josie, group organizer said...

Don't take the headache thing too lightly. If it's still bugging you, keep seeing doctors just to be on the safe side cuz that's not normal. What exactly are this girls "emotional" problems and why can't she just take a leave of absence or I think you should schedule her one shift a week until she can reliabley show up for that or if there is enough people have a person "on call" during her shifts. Personaly she shouldn't be working if she has problems keeping her from working. I guess if I was her I would at least take a LOA until I can get my act together and then slowly go back into the work routine.

Janelle said...

Hey about your headaches...I don't want to scare you or anything, but when I got a very terrible constant headache that wouldn't go away even if I took meds was actually my very first sign of pregnancy. I had the headache my entire first trimester. It was so bad I thought it was a migrane. If it was me again with another one of those headaches, the first thing I would do is take an EPT.

Penny said...

Like I said before you need to get those headaches checked out, if they are migraines you can read my blogg about Alicia's headaches and try to follow the same plan. If that doesn't help you should see a neuroligist, Alicia saw Dr. Petitt in GF. You may need to ask the first Dr. you saw to give you want a refferal. See what they have to say. We do have a history of migraines in our family. Diane, and Sandy are the two that come to mind. I have had visual migraines, I can explain that to you sometime. Hope you are feeling better by now, especialy after all that venting on your blogg. Love MOM