Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Tab's dad passed away this morning. I feel soooo bad for her and her family. She was 5 hours away when he had a heart attack in his home. He had had 4 heart attacks before and just got out of the hospital on Friday and was recovering from the last one. They said he was stable enough to go home and come back later this week to have heart surgery... When I talked to Tab she said that was the longest drive ever to get home to her family.

I don't even know what to say, Hank was a very caring person. His family meant everything to him. He was always joking around. He's been sick for as long as I have known him, I guess his body just couldn't handle any more. I love Tab and her whole family and hope everything works out for them.

I have never really had anyone I really have known die before, its kind of weird. I mean I know people that have died, but not anyone I talked to and seen as much as I did Hank. I'm sad, I can't even imagine what Tab and her family feels like. I can't imagine losing my dad or mom (I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!) I mean, I don't even know what to say to her, I guess I'll just be there for her and call her to make sure she is doing okay. So yeah, for those of you who know Tab, now you know whats going on, so if you see her, you know.


3 comments:

Karissa (mommy) said...

I can't believe that. All I can think to say is it's crazy. I feel awful for Tab. I hope she's doing ok, well as ok as she can. I hope you are ok too. Please let her know I'm thinking of her and I know Doug is too. I'm glad she has friends like you and she has her husband and the rest of her family to help her out.

Penny said...

April I don't know what to say, I know he has been sick off and on for years now, but I never thought he was that sick. I feel so sorry for Tab and her family.
I'm sure this is hard for you too. I wish Kevin could be with you. Dad said you called and wanted flowers sent, I was thinking of making something to take over in the line of food. I'm not sure about the funeral yet, do you think you might be able to make it? We'll talk soon OK.

Love Mom

Janelle said...

It's hard to realize what happend. My deepest sympathy to Tab and Derek along with Tabs family. We also just had a death in the family, even though the relative wasn't as close, we feel heart broken and empty just the same. I also have a blog now too. It's www.thewildwestshow.blogspot.com, check it out!