Saturday, January 29, 2005

laa dee da da lalala hmmm..hmmm.mmmm...

So nothing really exciting happening lately. I worked a full 8 hour shift at Sears Studio today, it went by pretty fast. Sears has this thing they call the "posing sequence" and the "six sellable poses"(Amber.. you may want to skip to the next paragraph, you may find this part boring because you know it all) anyway, you have to follow this sequence EXACTLY: Full body standing, extreme close up, 3/4, close up, tummy, and full body sitting. Through various studies, I'm sure, Sears has found that if you use these six poses with your subject that you will be able to sell more pics. So everyone has to has 20 'perfect sittings' that follow this posing sequence. We have to keep track of our sittings and the goal is to have EVERYONE have thier 20 perfect sittings by February 5th.
Now, I don't think anyone (besides Amber because she is the closest one to being done) will get this by feb 5th. I don't even work enough to even HAVE 16 more sittings (I got 4 done tonight) before then, let alone 16 "perfect" sittings. But I'll give it my best shot. I kind of feel like I don't have a "groove" there yet, like I'm still fumbling around trying to learn everything and I ask the same darn questions tons of times. But it is getting easier, so soon I'll get into my groove and start pumping out those 16 perfect sittings. Even though Lisa was like "your job depends on it" oh, well thanks, Lisa, no pressure...

Anyway, it is the weekend which means Kevin is home! It is soooo nice to have him home, even though he risked his life to get here yesterday. On the way home he was driven into the ditch by a psyco driver who was going way too fast on the icy roads. Kevin found himself waste high in snow and his car covered up to the windshield. He had to call 911 to get help and $30.00 and hours later, he was out of the ditch. The highway patrolman that were sent to his rescue got out of their car, walked slowly up to kevin, looked at the car in the ditch and said "car stuck?" Kevin was like "NO! Darndest thing happen, that darn snow bank came right up on me.." idiots... but he is okay, and so is his car, thats all that matters. Amy on the other hand... she was driving back to St. Cloud and also drove into the ditch, she called 911 and when they got their they decided she needed medical attention, so she was lifted into the ambulance and taken to the hospital where they discovered she had a bruized kidney... now I'm no expert, but how the hell do you bruize a kidney by drivin into a ditch?! But she is okay, when she left the hospital she decided to keep driving to St. Cloud... and went into the ditch AGAIN and called 911 AGAIN. Then she gave up and stopped in Fargo to spend the night so she wouldn't die.

Our Christmas Party (now labled the "employee appreciation party" because it is soooo not chirstmas time anymore) is tomorrow night. Bowling and finger foods and FUN! (yup just a little sarcastic) But it should be okay, I like all my coworkers and I like to bowl... I guess thats all about that.

Last night Kevin and I went to a UND hockey game. I went to UND for 5 years and was my FIRST hockey game! And I graduated already! UND is a HUGE hockey school, we're national champions... yet last night was my first game. I had a killer headache so I didn't really get into it, but it was fun. UND and BSU tied 3-3. Our seats were really good, and the Ralph Engelstad arena is truely a beautiful building (www.theralph.com) Okay, so this is a really long post... onto something more important like spending time with my hubby... hope everyone is having a really good weekend! comment damn you people!!! I know you're reading.... more pics to come soon...

4 comments:

Janelle said...

I'm not to into the medical field either, but I think Amy's bruised kidney came from the lap belt in her car, if she was wearing her seatbelt. To help you with your poses I could always bring Cassidy down but I don't know if we can afford Sears pics...we normally have them done at Wal-Mart since we can get them there for a few bucks.

Josie, group organizer said...

I'm glad you and Keven had time together you needed it.

Mrs S said...

wow thats a lot of ditch action. I'm glad that your friend and your husband are both ok. Plus, I know the sears thing is completly annoying espeacially since I barely ever and extremelly rarely ever actually sell that stupid standing full body shot. The sitting on usually but not the standing, everyone, including me thinks there is just to much backround compared to subject.

Josie, group organizer said...

So how exactly are you suppose to grow creative in this field and find better poses. Most of the pics I've seen from sears is that people always have a funny background, aren't centered right, and have a very fake expression. Sometimes the poses are just too dull because well EVERYONE does them and I dont' think they're as flattering as your boss claims. They should be giving you points for knowing those poses, incorporating new poses that turned out well, and how the customer liked them. Or maybe even a flaw hider. A person who's heavier set comes in and you manage to make her look 20 lbs lighter by posing her nice. I just hate people who have control cookie cutter ideas in their head and force them on their employees.