Tuesday, February 01, 2005

a tad bit on the frustrated side...

So today kind of sucked. Worked at the hotel from 7am-3pm. Nothing too much happened there today while I was there, but we spent the day getting ready for our hardware refresh... all new computers and junk... should be all cool... if it works okay (other hotels had problems when they upgraded. I stopped at home to change clothes and get something to eat before I was off to Sears to work. That is when I discovered the MOUNTAIN of snow PILED right smack dab in front of my door. I am NOT exagerating, it was past the door knob, all sorts of compacted too, and the snow is really wet so it is heavy. So after I dug my shovel out of this snow pile, I had to dig my way INTO my apartment, which made me realize we really need to get a new shovel because this one just bends funny and isn't really that sturdy. (cause ya all really needed to know that part, it made my day that much more crappy) then I went to work at Sears Portrait Studio until 9:30pm. Everything that could go wrong there did. EVERYONE wanted to call and reorder or order more pics before we did film cut and the computer kept screwing up the order and prices. Lisa (a girl I work with) brought her kids in so I could take their picture and count it toward my "perfect" sittings. That was very nice of her to do, however, her kid was OBNOXIOUS! He was worse than any kid I've ever seen there. It is because he is familiar with the place so he doesn't feel uncomfortable around the equipment and us (which usually makes the kids at least stay on the platform) it took an hour... to make a long story short for the rest of the story... we had to do film cut, the camera froze on us and so did the computer... so we ended up leaving pretty late.

To top it all off I have a headache from HELL. It has been there all week. Sometimes it REALLY hurts and I want to just sit and cry and puke, but most of the time its just an annoying pain in my head. I can function, but if it doesn't go away soon I'm going to the doctor... hopefully BEFORE I have an anyrism (butchered the spelling on that one I'm sure) and die. So on that note, night all.

3 comments:

Stonegateguy said...

im sorry you had a bad day :( i hope tomrrow will be better ... i tried to do as much as possible to get the computers back to a somewhat normal state so you wouldnt have to deal with it in the morning ... cause i know that you will have that and jan to deal with.. lol ... oh i also set the desktops to a somewhat tropical theme so even when your at work it can feel like a vacation... when ever your stressed... just minimize and relax... ahhhh.... the new computers are real fun... so fun i didnt leave till 3 ... opps ... lol... but every thing should be happy ! :) smiles! :)

Josie, group organizer said...

Are your prone to migraines? Well just vent about the day and realize that since you had a shitty day you must be entitled to a really good one soon.

Mrs S said...

Work can suck a lot but the next day will always be better