Tuesday, January 04, 2005

A FORMAL APPOLOGY and BEGGING FOR FORGIVENESS

My attitude lately has been very much rude. I apologize to WRDPLYR for being so obnoxious and pompus. My statements about Canadians was uncalled for and wrdplyr has set me straight. I had just gotten off work, and I was strung out. I can't say I didn't mean to offend you, because I should have thought my post throough before writing it. If i read it before I posted, I would have seen how stupid it sounded.

I'm very much aware of the feelings that other countries have against Americans, (especially Europe) That is that Americans are uneducated, and lack a sense of sensitivity to other Nationalities and Ethnicities other than our own. We like to say we are "cultured" and "diverse" because we have so many other nationalities are represented all over the states. That isn't true. To others, Americans come off as rude, and very close minded.

Wrdplyr, I'm honest when I say thank you for your post, I read it and truely took it to heart. You're right I generalized way too much and didn't take in to account these people's situation that is being away from their home and traveling a lot.

I appreciate the fact that your statements were well educated, leaving me no room for arguemnet. Thats more than I can say for myself. I have always looked forward to your posts on your blog as well as mine, because you are a very observant person and seem to be well rounded when it comes to politics and pop culture. Don't hate me, I'm blunt and talk before I think (ask anyone... Karissa, Josie, Mom)

That's all I really have to say, Sorry I offended you, I didn't mean to, I was upset from work, and directed the frustration at the wrong people. But you can't tell me you have never made a harsh comment toward Americans (besides the whole "I love the USA" post a month or so ago)
SO you know that everyone is a little guilty of having weak moments where you are frustrated with how other people different from yourself view issues. Even when you know what you are thnking is wrong, you just can't help it for that brief moment of anger.










3 comments:

Mrs S said...

Now.... I'm not trying to be offensive but I had understood from your post that you were just venting in the first place. And when your working in the service industry you can have little prejudices against many different people. For example, after i would get off work at Pizza Hut I would have a few choice words about native americans but I in no way actually don't like them its just I was frustrated at the time. And since right now the only people you have in the hotel are canadians they are the people that are most likely to be on your yuck list for awhile. I know you don't actaully dislike a group of people. Its just when you work sometimes your emotions and frustration get the best of you. After all a blog is an online journal and you are supposed to be able to vent your frustrations.

April said...

Thank you Amber :)

April said...

AHH.... Thanks Wrdplyr!! I loved your post on that anti canada site, and I think I"ve see that one, if not something like it. Oh, and Congragulations to Team Canada for WINNING the World Junior Hockey Tourney!!!! They beat Russia 6-1 !!! The parents were very happy today and very proud of their young men on the team. Many of them gave interviews today on the phone for CBC and other Canadian Media. It was kind of fun. I'm SOOO glad it is over though, we were so busy that today we just deep cleaned our lobby and breakfast area.

***HUGS***


April