Tuesday, December 14, 2004

My night...

So I couldn't get tired, it was 11:00pm and I just finished the movie "Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind" and I was bored. So I decided to go for a drive, and look at some Christmas lights, driving usually makes me sleepy. I get in my car and start driving around town. I hit some RR tracks, and when I go over the bumps, I see something in my rear view mirror, but when I looked again it was gone. (I thought it was another car). So I continue driving... I turn a corner and stop at a stop sign, and I see it AGAIN, this time I realize that it is my trunk... and it is open. Thinking to myself "I haven't opened my trunk in a while...hm... Kevin drove my car today."

So I pull over and try to shut the trunk door. But it doesn't latch, it just bounces right back up. Mind you I had been driving around with my trunk open for a good 15 minutes. I hope I didn't lose anything. It is obviously broken so I dink around with it (like I know what I'm doing) finally I decide to drive to the Hotel because I am closer to it than I am home. The whole time people driving behind me were flashing their lights because here my trunk is open and the lights blinking on and off with the bumps in the road. I get to the hotel, a co-worker helps me rig it shut with a bungy cord. I'm very glad I work at a place that never closes. So now, I have to get the stupid thing fixed. This happen last winter, but it always ended up closing after a few good slams. So this drive that was supposed to make me tired only made me more awake. Kevin is sleeping and has a final test tomorrow.

Heres the cool part... I was walking (actually I was half slipping and half baby stepping--avoiding the skating rink that is our street) up to our apartment and I was looking up and I saw a shooting star. The brightest I've ever seen, and it lasted longer than normal. It was very cool. So what do I do, I make a wish... "PLEASE FIX MY TRUNK!!" Then I laughed at myself because of ALL the things in the WORLD I could have wished for, I wished that my trunk was fixed... Well, at least I have low expectation from that little dieing star. I guess I'll save world peace for my birthday candles!




4 comments:

Stonegateguy said...

HE HE HE ... i think that is a good wish!!

Stonegateguy said...

oops forgot something.... it must be the night to fix cars at the hotel... cause shelley helped you ... and when i was working i whittney stoped by and i helped her find her washer fluid spout and check the power stearing... funny ... well if your borred you can call me im really quite free this week:)

Josie, group organizer said...

Shooting stars are neat!! Some people never get to seem them.

Mrs S said...

It sucks that your trunk broke but at least you got to see a neat star. I never can sleep at night either it really sucks