Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hotel Rant

work seems to be the only thing inspiring me to write on my blog, sorry, I think facebook rotted my internet brain.

With that being said, here is my new hotel story.

Today I took a call and it went a little something like this:

Me: "thank you for calling... blah blah... how may I help you?"

Old shivering voice lady: "I want to make a reservation"

Me: "sure! Have you stayed with us before"

Old Lady: "Of course I have! you people never remember a face, do ya, we're just another paying customer aren't we!"

(because I instantly knew who she was by her decrepit old voice and I could totally see her through the effin phone!)

Me: "I'm sorry, I think I missed your name" (because you never gave it to me!)

Old Lady: "Mary Johnson"

Me: "ok, I'm sorry, let me bring up your information so I can make a reservation for you..... are you the Mary Johnson from Dickinson?" (only Mary Johnson in our system)

Old Lady: "No, dangit, I'm not. I'm from Mohall"

Me: "I'm sorry, Ill have to get your information from you, I can't seem to find your name in our system"

Old Lady: "I've stayed there many times, at least 2 last year! I have the reciept from my last stay sitting in front of me right now!"

Me: "Can you give me the confirmation number so I can look up your last stay with us" (because obviously this whole process is 'easier' than just giving me your phone number and zip code)

Old Lady: "2******" (doesn't matter)

Me: "oh, weird, I'm getting an Isabelle Johnson. But you say its under Mary Johnson?"

Old Lady: "Well Hell yeah, its under Isabelle Johnson... thats the name I go by, but my real name is Mary Isabelle Smith" I haven't gone by Mary Johnson since I lived in Dickinson"

Me: Taking the deepest breath possible and trying my damnedest not to laugh my ass off at her stupidity I say calmly "Oh, I'm glad we're on the same page now.. haha... now when are you coming to stay with us?"

Old Lady: "well I don't know yet, my sister has a doctors appointment sometime next week, so I'll call when I know for sure what day"

I couldn't help but giggle as I was thanking her and telling her I look forward to helping her with her reservation later in the week.

Silly lady and not knowing her Doug Damned name!

2 comments:

Karissa (mommy) said...

I bet when she calls back it will be the samn damn conversation all over again. I'm so thankful that I make beds and not reservations. ;) I don't know how you do it everyday, but you definitely deserve a patience reward or something. Maybe a "Good job at not killing anyone for X years and counting". I like that one. :)

Mrs S said...

When I worked at the clinic people did things like this absoluetly all the time. It was the most frustrating thing ever until finally you got to the part where they told you their "whole" or "real" name. Then you were both annoyed and thought they were stupid. Because really REALLY how stupid are some people.