Tuesday, October 07, 2008

love/hate relationship

I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. I like it because you can see what people are up to, how their doin' and look at their pictures. I hate facebook because even though you 'know' most of the people that you're 'friends' with its really not KNOWING them. Sure we get the quick status updates like "April OBrien is...wishing she didn't have to do dishes" and you can look at pictures and people can look at your pictures... I don't know- there's still something about it that I don't like. I've started adding people as friends just to see where they are, what they're doing.... what they look like, who they're with and how many kids they've had. After I'm done snooping, I pretty much never look at their profile again, I don't post on their wall, I don't accept their applications. I'm pretty sure thats the only reason they ad me as a friend as well, like all my old classmates from HS that I have completely forgotten about until I see them on someone elses friends list. I guess I just really like Blogger because although its available for anyone to see if they're browsing through, only a few handfulls of people really visit my blog, and thats how I like it. I'm not updating for "jane whatshername" from HS, I'm posting for my friends and family that know me the best. And apparently the occational annonymous person who visits every once in a while oh and Mr. Toast who occationally still stops by. But I'll still check my facebook every time I'm at a computer- why? Its like an obsession- like those people who check their email 500 times a day.

Another love/hate relationship... Ugly Betty. Why, oh WHY do I love that show!

Anyway- so how about that True Blood on HBO. Thanks to Derek, we're hooked. Its my new favorite show ever. If you haven't watched it yet- HBO 11pm (central time of course) Sundays.

ok, I'm rambling. ok, so that whole post was rambling... I'm getting back to my blogger roots.

4 comments:

Mrs S said...

At least you check facebook every once in awhile it takes me almost a month to log on and accept people as friends. And frankly sometimes people post things in the "I'd rather freaking not know" column. Especially the people from work that add me as friends. Scarey..... :)

Penny said...

I'm so lost on face book. I'm not sure where to find things, like all the plants that people have sent me! I can't find them any were, are there really any plants out there? I can't figure out how to even change my profile I'm sure it says it there some where but it's frustrating, I even went to play poker one day and won, but I don't know how I did it. There are just too many extras! I go and look when I get an e-mail, and maybe write a little something on a wall sometimes. I have tried to figure stuff out but mostly I just look. :o

BoneDaddy said...

I get invitations or a beer sent to me too, and I don't see the point!
I'm sorry you like Ugly Betty, Corner Gas is my guilty pleasure.

Tab said...

I'm there with ya on Facebook, that's why I refuse to sign up! I don't want people who don't care about me to say, "hey, lets be friends even though I never talked to you in HS...oh wait, I think I ignored you!"

I'm very content with the important people in life reading my blog instead.

And yea for True Blood!!!! It's my favoritest!!! I just hate how each episode seems so short and then you have to wait a whole week before you can see what happens next! But I'm totally hooked!!!

Oh and it shows at 8pm and 10pm on Sundays! And I always watch the reruns thru the week too!