Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Attack of the GALLBLADDER part 1

Short Version:

Kevin went to ER last night because of severe tummy pain... er I mean upper to mid abdominal pain... men don't have "tummies"... he waited at the ER... and decided he was fine again and we left, even though the nurse and myself thought this was stupid, but Kevin insisted he was fine. All the way home I teased about how he is a stupid male, acting like he doesn't need medical attention. We got home, I put Aiden to bed, and as I was walking past the bedroom I heard Kevin groaning in pain; he was laying on the the bed in a ball holding his stomache and when he saw me standing in the doorway, he said "I'm a stupid man"

So I called Doug, and he picked Kevin up and brought him BACK to the ER.

Sure enough he was having a gallbladder attack, and the ER doc referred him to a surgen, that he saw today.

Kevin has surgery at 7:30am tomorrow morning to get his gallbladder taken out. Poor hubby. Now you all are updated.

I'll let you know how he's doing tomorrow.

3 comments:

Penny said...

It takes a big man to admit that he is a stupid man. I hope every thing "comes" out...Opps I mean turns out OK. We will be watching for the up date. Will his Mom and Dad be there?

Tab said...

Geez, you'd think with all of Kevin's medical problems lately that he was getting "old" or something....oh, wait! haha I guess that's what we have to look forward too! ;-)
Hope surgery went ok this morning! If you need anything, be sure to call me. I've got a 4 day weekend coming up!

BoneDaddy said...

While he was rolling around on the bed in pain, how hard would it have been to quickly grab your camera phone and get a shot? Seriously!