Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mission Skinny: Still Truckin'

I lost another 2.5 lbs this week! I'll be happy if I can keep this up, especially now that we have introduced BREAD back into our diet! Today we ate blueberry wheat pancakes for dinner... yummy! Tomorrow its wraps for lunch!

I've lost a total of 20.4 lbs! in 30 days! I'm stoked! I can't believe I've had the will power to do this. I must say thanks to all my friend and family and the people around me that keep cheering me on, it helps more than you think. I love that people that don't even know I'm on a diet are commenting on how I look a little thinner.

The hard spots that I have to work on are my tummy and thighs and that stubborn back fat... yeah, I'm announcing to the whole internet world that I have back fat... well more hip fat, but whatever, its the most annoying. You can really see the difference in my face, arms, waste and.... well... unfortunately I had to go bra shopping, and that was sad.

Kevin has lost 1 lb this week, but he didn't get to work out much since he's a cripple. But as long as we're not gaining, I'm happy with .5 lbs if thats all we lose.

Aiden is doing terrific too. He's gaining weight, at least he better be, he eats A LOT more now. He has his 15 month appointment on Wednesday. I can't believe he's getting so old! He talks up a storm, and although I have no idea what he's sayin' he gibber jabbers constantly, and points to everything. We're pretty sure he said 'kitty' today, but he didn't repeat it again. He has also mixed "no" and "don't" (two words we've been TRYING not too use a lot, but it just comes out when he's getting into something he shouldn't be) and he says "DOE!" Like when the kitty tries to get his food "DOE!"

There's your update! Oh, and only 24 days until VEGAS!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!! and 24 days till vegas! sounds like a lot of exciting things going on in your life...couldn't happen to a more deserving person :)
-angela

Mrs S said...

congrats! That weight loss is amazing! Isn't it fun how the one place that you don't want to lose fat is one of the first places it comes off. echhhhhhhh fat is stupid. Especially back fat grrrrrr I hate mine too.

Yay for Aiden being all grown up its crazy how fast that seemed to go.

Penny said...

WOW 20 pounds!! I had no idea that it added up to that much! I really should do something myself, But not while WE are in Vegas. I can't wait to see him again you both look Great. I love the picture you sent us. Thanks.

Today Dad and I found the best tasting and the least expensesive food,that we have had since we came here. We both had a sandwich that had roast beef, roast turkey,(the real thing not cold cuts)with aged swiss and sharp chedder cheese, lettus and tomato. It was warm and toasted. It came with mustard sause but we both went with mayo.
I think it will work into your diet too, because they also make salads and wraps. It's called Earl Of Sandwich and it was in Planet Hollywood. It was under $20for both of us. You have to try it. Love You.

Tab said...

Congradulations on the weight loss! You're doing great! I'm still pluggin' along too, but you just PAST ME!! I'm noticing a downsizing in the wrong areas too...stupid fat! Oh well, we'll still be fine and sexy for VEGAS!!! I can't wait! We'll have to check out that sandwich place that your mom and dad found.
I can't believe Aiden is almost 15 months old! That's just crazy! Soon you'll be an OLD MOMMY!! In only 15 days!!

Karissa (mommy) said...

CONGRATS!

Tab said...

oh yeah, forgot to ask you...Would you and kevin be interested in seeing Ministry when we are in Vegas? They are on their last tour and just happen to be playing on the 9th at 9pm. Tickets were about $35 each. How about Penn and Teller? I was lookin' up shows this weekend. there's quite a few good ones to try.

April said...

I've never been too impressed with Penn and Teller... Ministry.... not my first choice but I'll go... you guys always drag me to shows that just aren't my thing (they're fun and i love it, but still not my thing) I'm dragging you to one of my 'lame ass' music concerts sometime!