Sunday, March 09, 2008

MISSION SKINNY: Clothes shopping!

I went shopping yesterday for new clothes and I actually had FUN! I weighed in this morning, I lost another 3.4 lbs and Kevin lost 2.5. I've lost a total of 17.4 lbs!

We tried doing measurement but gave up because we kept getting higher numbers and I think we just are not acurate enough but judging by what size jeans I was trying on yesterday, I have lost 2 inches in my waste. I tried on some sundresses for when we go out in Vegas too. For the first time in a long time I LOVED everything I tried on... in one size SMALLER in most cases, depending on brand and store. Most things fit me well and I could have done it all day. Before I would just get frustrated and feel like a big fat hippo and give up in a huff. I didn't buy anything except for one pair of jeans though. The mall was CRAZY and I dont' know what I was thinking going there on a Saturday afternoon. It was flooded with Canadians excited that the exchange is at PAR now.

Side note, I had a lady from Winnipeg ask me if I knew where to get the cheapest Rotel. you know that stuff that makes delicious dips (like Karissa does :) and I said "I donno, did you check Hugos"

"yes, I did they said they had a sale going but I wasn't about to pay .99 cents for one can, I have to buy at least 10 cans for all my friends back home"

"um.... you can try Walmart"

"I did, it was $1.22 there"

"You can try SuperOne right across the street"

"Its 1.27 there"

"Ma'am are you going to all these grociery stores just looking for Rotel?"

"well yeah, all my friends want some and you can't get it that cheap in Canada"

"You probably spent the difference in gas driving around to the different stores looking for it, I don't think you'll find it any cheaper than 99 cents"

and she looks at me and just walks away over to her friends table in the lobby and says "I know I saw an ad for 89 cents...maybe it was Kmart"

ok lady, I really highly doubt Kmart (on the exact opposite side of town) will have Rotel.

Anyway, I just laughed at that woman for a while, crazy bargen shoppers... (Amanada:) )

SO anyway... the diet is working great, and I better go, I told Kevin i'd only be a couple minutes on the computer...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! that is fantastic, shopping after weight loss is much more fun...love the Canadian story...our friendly neighbors from the north :) i can just see it... she'd probably spend an entire tank of gas driving around in search of the cheapest rotel just to brag to her friends how cheap it was...Hope kevin is feeling better
angela

Penny said...

April that's great!!! Keep up the good work it's only going to get better!
Dad and I were talking and He said we should have gone to GF today so we could see you,Aiden and Kevin.
It's going to be so long before we will see him again. I aready miss him. I'm pretty sure we will be looking for some good souvenirs for him. Maybe we will find a nice chunk of GOLD! I told Dad maybe we could go that way on our way home, but we can discuss that later. Tell Kevin we all hope he is going to get better fast!

Jennie W said...

I was reading your Rotel story to Ray....the unfortunate part...I would do it as well.:) I do it for gas.

Anonymous said...

nothin' wrong with bargain shopping! But I wouldn't try three different stores to find the cheapest item for a single thing, even if I was buying 10 of 'em :)

Grats

Anonymous said...

on the weight loss...lost my train of thought as I was watching big brother and posted it before I had noticed that I hadn't finished my sentence

Tab said...

Congrats on the weight loss. You guys are doing awesome! Before we know it, we'll all be skinny little bitches!
Ah..freakin' Canadians! But really, what would we talk about if they weren't there to be stupid and give us laughter and conversation?!
Hope Kevin is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Have done my shopping for some formal shirts & suits at Charles Tyrwhitt.