Sunday, November 25, 2007

Rashes and Turkey.

Hope you all had a terrific Thanksgiving! Here's our past week in Cliff's notes.

on Monday we Aiden to the doctor because of an ear infection. Monday night Aiden cried and screamed for like 4 hours straight. On Tuesday Karissa called to tell me Aiden has a bright red rash with bumps all over him. Brough him back to the doctor where we are told that he is allergic to Amoxacillin. Fantastic. That day and night and the next day sucked. As the amoxacillin took a couple of days to get out of his system, Aiden was uncomfortable and irritated and crabby. Wednesday we left town and to go to Devils Lake to be with the fam for Thanksgiving. Mom made a fantastic feast and we all stuffed ourselves full of the traditional dinner of turkey and all the trimmings. Aiden didn't like mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, gravy, not even cranberries, so he had gerbers mixed veggies for his thanksgiving dinner. silly boy, he doesn't know what he missed.

After dinner, we met up with Ben and Amber and Bailey at the DL Airport to Welcome home Butto... A.K.A. Jason who is on leave from Iraq. We met up with Jason's parents and went over to their house to sip some disgusting (very good I'm sure) whisky and look at a slideshow video of him and his unit over in Iraq.

On Friday morning my aunt patty and cousin Sidney came over and talked me into buying raffle tickets to win a small decorated Christmas Tree. It was to raise money for the two of them to go to Australia for World Youth Day 2008. So I bought 15 tickets and bid on two different trees, a UND themed tree and a "Gift Tree" The drawing was Friday night at their Indian Taco feed. Well, I'm glad I bought the tickets because I WON!! and I never win anything so I was excited. I won the Gift Tree, which came with over $100 in gift certificates for different places around DL. LIke wlamart, Kmart,Liquid Bean, Coffee Connection, Cenex Gas Stations, Felix's restraunt, the Movie Gallery and more.

Friday night, we all met up and went out for a WELCOME HOME BUTTO party. It was a blast as usual, with the usual people. See pics below.

Saturday night, my mom, dad, sister, kevin, Aiden and I went out to Felix's to use our gift certificates. I have never eaten there, which is odd beings that I grew up in DL and that place is like a well known "fancy" restaraunt. I didn't miss much I guess. We had a good time hanging out, but the service was EXTREMELY slow (we were there for 2 and a half hours most of the time waiting for our food that was nothing special and not very pleasing. I'll never go there again. We got there at 6:30pm. They were not by any means busy. (that should have been a sign... saturday night at 6:30pm and only 15 cars in the lot) and I left early to bring Aiden home because his bed time is 8:30 and he was very well behaved for most of the meal but it was just too long of a time for a 11 month old to sit still in a high chair. We did find out that he LOVES Prime Rib.

We also saw my grandpa and grandma yesterday.

This morning we went to church and saw Kevin's dad be the commander for the Knights of Columbus because today was their Patriotic Thanksgiving Mass. We got to see Noah, he was Aiden't neighbor while he was in the NICU. Noah was doing well too, it was nice to see them again, and we talked about the time the babies were in the NICU and how well they are doing now.

PHEW.... now you are updated. We had a pretty busy weekend. Now we are at home and ready to prepare for our LONG week ahead.

4 comments:

Penny said...

You forgot to say how much Aiden like turkey soup! Oh, by the way have you figured out that you left all of your gift certificates at our house yet? Yeah they're sitting on the buffet.

April said...

we noticed around Lakota. Don't you dare use any :)!

Anonymous said...

congrats on winning the gift tree! isn't it exciting to win something unexpectedly :) i will write you later update you on my excersion..and "spill it" all...i'm in the process of moving right now...:( angela

Janelle said...

That really bums me out that I missed your phone call when you and Kevin were home. I saw the pictures and I was mad that I missed it. That would have been soooo much fun, and I need fun right now. My house phone has been disconnected so I am only down to my cell phone. I will give you a call in the next day or two and give you my cell number.