Thursday, August 02, 2007

The countdown begins....24 hours, and we'll be OFF

We have a busy week ahead of us... but a good busy. We're going on vacation. We're going to Minneapolis/St. Paul and Duluth. We have to change our planned route, for obvious reasons, but we're still very excited to go. I35W is the interstate you take to go from the Twin Cities to Duluth. I can't believe it collapsed. I've been obsessed with the news, and I can't believe how much worse it COULD have been if it wasn't under construction, or if the cars were moving instead of being bumper to bumper.... but we've all heard all the reports.... so I digress.

Tomorrow night we bring Aiden to Devils Lake and go out for Tab's birthday.
Saturday-we spend the night in Fargo, visit Amy and just hang.

Sunday we drive to Bloomington and do whatever when we get there.

Monday we go to Mall of America hopefully we can see Kelsey while we're around. Katie and Andrew are moving to the cities on Saturday, we're gonna try to see their new place too.

Tuesday we're going to St. Paul's science museum to take in the Pompii exhibit and then drive to Duluth, hopefully missing rush hour if we leave late enough.

Wednesday we're taking in all the touristy stuff in Duluth, like the peir on Superior and Glensheen's mansion. We're staying at the Raddison downtown with the rotating restaraunt on top.

Thursday we head back to Fargo and take in the Rev. Horton Heat concert.

Friday we'll be back in Grand Forks for my sister's 21st birthday! Saturday we pick up Aiden and Sunday we head back to GF. Its gonna be a busy week, but super fun. I haven't had a whole week of work off in a long time... since my maternaty leave I guess, but that wasn't very vacation like :)

4 comments:

BoneDaddy said...

Have fun on your trip! Enjoy Duluth!

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys have fun! don't worrie about the house I will take good care of it. OH don't be too tired for my birthday cuz its only once that your little sister turns 21!!!

Mrs S said...

Have a safe trip and lots and lots of fun!

Seriously recommend fitgers and so drink the root beer it is the best!

Janelle said...

I hope you and Kev LOVE your vacation. You both deserve it very much! Drop me a line sometime.