Tuesday, February 27, 2007

poor baby :(

Aiden had his 2 month appointment today. He didn't have a very good night last night to begin with, so brining him to the doctor was a chore. He usually likes car rides, but he cried all the way to the hospital. At his appointment the doctor said that he not only has a cold (I already knew that though) but his head is flat on one side. We've noticed him favoring one side, but we've been trying to get him to lay on the other and there is only so much you can really do, if he wants to sleep on his right side, I'm not going to be there every minute turning his head... He has to go to physical therapy. And just our luck, that is what kevin does... so we only have to go to the initial appointment and then Kevin can do the rest. He has tight muscles on his right side, so he doesn't want to turn his head to the left.... Doctor said that if it doesn't straighten out by 4th month appointment that he'll have to wear a helmet.... poor baby. I'm not gonna let that happen! So more tummy time and no bouncer.

Then he had to get shots. 2 shots in one thigh and one in the other, plus some nasty oral stuff. I've never felt so bad in my life! He let out screams I didn't even know he had in him! His little face turned 20 shades of red, and even purple. Then the stupid mean nurse (that she will now be known as whenever we see her) didn't put a bandaid on one leg, and he bled on his sleeper.

So then I dropped him off with Karissa, so I hope he isn't screaming his little head off for her, I wanted to take him and love him all day and give him lots of cuddles, but I had to come home to clean, as Kevin's mom is coming tonight. She'll be staying one night-the store opens March 1st, so they won't be able to come to GF has much. Last time they were in town, I said "oh, don't go downstairs, its so messy, I just haven't had time to...." (she interrupts me) "Yeah, I know I was down there last night"

So I figured the house better be cleaner than it was last time. So now I'm taking a break from cleaning to blog. I have more pics, I'll post them tomorrow.

Tonight we were thinking of going to the movies. Probably the one with Jim Carry "23" of whatever its called. That one looks good. Anyone seen it yet?

4 comments:

BoneDaddy said...

I remember Isabella being threatened with "the helmet." She screamed bloody hell, too with her shots.
For some odd reason no parent likes to admit they had messy houses when their kids were little--my mom can be like that, and I'm sure Marie, nitpicky though she is, had a messy house with Kevin when he was little.

Jennie W said...

Well, at least PT is easy for you guys! I would think that it would be difficult with your own baby though, but I'm sure Kevin will do great!

Anonymous said...

Just remember with shots, take the bandaids that the nurse REMEMBERED to put on off in the tub so you do not invoke the screaming pain. (Not like I'm talking from experience, tear!)

I was hoping to surprise you with a baby gift this weekend (I was supposed to be in GF Thurs-Sat), but now it is weather permitting. Before Aiden turns 6 months, you will get your baby gift!

xoxo, Liz, Erik, & Emily :-)

Sphincter said...

Stupid, stupid, butthead nurse! I hope the next kid puked on her.