Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Idol Mania and other LIfe altering decisions

Putting the baby talk on hold... its that time of year again folks... its AMERICAN IDOL TIME!!!! Tonight was the season premere (2 hour special). They were in Minneapolis, MN. and wow, there was no talent there. 17 people advanced to Hollywood. 17 out of 10,000. But it was still fun to watch. Tomorrow we get to watch tryouts in Seattle.

And so the Idol Mania starts again for the next 4 months. I'll try not to bog down my blog with Idol and Aiden. (can't promise the Aiden part though).
I'm disappointed that Taylor Hicks isn't as big as he could have been, but I'm happy to see that Chris Daughtry moved on to big things, I love his new song, and hope that his band gets bigger.

Oh, and a call out of the blue today knocked me off my toes. We were leaving for Aidens doctors appointment today and my phone rang. I usually don't answer restricted numbers, but I was feeling lucky, so I did anyway. It was Acme Electric (Tool Crib). You know the place I applied for A YEAR AGO for the graphic designer position??!! Welll, they want to interview me again! A year later. They kept my application for a year. Who does that?

I told her basically that I don't know if I want to interview right now, I asked if I could think about it and call her tomorrow. I told her I'm on maternity leave from my other job, and that this is so out of the blue that I'd have to consider even applying again.

Now, If I was a smart girl, which I think I am, I could use this opportunity to get a raise at my current job. But since I work for a bunch of tight wads who crunch numbers to a half a penny, I dont' know if it is even worth bringing up. But if I interview and actually GET this job, that would be awesome too. I'm sure I'd be making more than peanuts, and I wouldn't mind the extra 2 hours of sleep in the morning. It doesn't hurt to interview I guess. But if they were to offer me the position, then what? I love my job, I wasn't even thinking of leaving. But my job at the hotel is hardly a career (especially since getting a raise is like pulling all your teeth out with a dull edge of a ice skate, like in Castaway) and this job would at least make me feel like I went to school for SOMETHING. But I'm so rusty with the software, is it even worh my time going in there, I may make myself look real stupid because I honestly don't remember most of the stuff I learned on those programs.... nothing I couldn't re-learn I guess.

ARG!! I don't know what to DOOOOO!!!

Uh oh... baby is awake... parenthood calls.

5 comments:

Mrs S said...

Go for an interview. It will buy you sometime if they offer you the job, great than you can make the tough decisions but at least you'll have the information. you'll be able to get right back in the game as far as the software goes, it hasn't been that long, but you maybe don't want to wait forever either.

BoneDaddy said...

I'm sure relearning would be like riding a bike. This might be a good opportunity for you too, since you miss working at the last job that had anything to do with your degree.

Janelle said...

I would say go for it, Ape! Seriously, what are the odds that a job you really wanted when you applied for it would come looking for you, and at a good moment too! You would have normal working hours. You could be home in the evenings to spend time with your husband and son. No midnight shift. No weekends. It's a typical 9 to 5 job!! If you don't at least go for the interview, I am going to think you are crazy. DO IT!!!

Karissa (mommy) said...

I also would say you should go for the interview. It can't hurt to try at least. If you decide to do it, then good luck!

Anonymous said...

I have to say GO FOR IT!!! WHo knows maybe you will love this job even more than what you are doing now. But you will never know if you don't try right? By the way hows is my little munchkin doing? I miss him soo much. By the time I see him again I bet he will have put on a pound or more and I will hardly know who he is. Is he eating good still? I heard that you had great grandma and grandpa for a visit. Dad talked to grandma and she was realy happy to get to see him. I might ask Dad if you could run down this week end for a little while to see you guys. Think you could find some time for us? I'll call you later. Love ya, Givr Aiden grandma kisses for me!! Mom....I'm signing in anonymoue cuse I would have to write this all over again if I login to goggle BS.