Wednesday, September 06, 2006

ROAD TRIP!!

Kevin is still having headaches.... grrrr. Seriously, If I ever meet the person who caused that stupid car accident.... I wll hurt him. Ask him what the hell was so much more important than watching the damn road when he was driving on the WRONG SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY! Kevin can't work full days and that is causing unnecessary fricton between him and his.... boss type people. He comes home and has a headache everyday, and he feels bad that he doesn't feel up to doing much. He is on meds that aren't working, and therapy that is obviously not working. Thank God for workmens Comp because we'd be screwed if he wasn't getting paid from them for the time he isn't at work. I should make it a point, however, that Kevin doesn't complain about it. Even though I would understand if he wanted to 24/7. I would.

Anyway, Amber, Ben, Blake, Kevin and I are going to the Cities this weekend to the renaissance festival and Body Worlds exhibit. I'm excited, I haven't been to the cities in a very long time. We're thinking of going to the Mall Of America too... maybe they'll have one or five Maternity stores! OOOOOOO FUN! We're also going to hit up Ikea, Which Blake says is the best store in the whole entire world when it comes to new cool furniture... so I hope he's right. The store is huge, like 4 floors or something like that. Maybe we'll find stuff for the baby room. So we have a lot planned for out little two day trip. It should be very fun though. We're staying in a kick ass Penthouse Suite at the Residence Inn in Eden Prairie, MN. We got a package that included 4 tickets to the festival.

I hope they all understand that this 5 hour drive will more likely be like 6 hours because of all the bathroom breaks we'll be taking for me and the baby. Its just something thats gotta happen... like every 20 minutes... no seriously. I can't wait until FRIDAY!

I'm having a heck of a time finding maternity clothes. I'm too tall, and lengthy and clothes just don't fit right. All the shirts I can find right now in Grand Forks have low neck lines too, so I don't think they'd work at work when I'm bending over all the time. All the pants are too short, and NO ONE is getting any NEW stock in. ALl the stores only have like 4 racks of maternity clothes and the sizes are like XS, S, M, XXL I am none of these. I am a L.... and apparently so is every other pregnant woman in this town because they don't have anything in a Large. okay enough complaining- I'm sure I'll find SOMETHING SOMETIME in the next 3 months.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I found some nice things at Herbergers (shirts) and Kohls (pants).

If you want, I've got a box of maternity clothes I wore at school....you can use them, cause I won't for the next many months! Let me know...all are still in good condition, and I would be willing to mail them to ya.

Penny said...

Sounds like a busy/fun weekend. I hope you and Kevin are up to it. I'm sure you'll be able to find something when you get to the cities. There are so many places to check out. Wish I was going.
You have fun and take it easy on Kevin that car ride is going to be as hard on him as it will be on your bladder. Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend!