Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I'm a marshmellow.

white and puffy all over. My ankles are the size of softballs. Okay, Baseballs at least.

Okay enough complaining.

This weekend was a blast! We got to the Cities late friday night and checked into our AMAZING hotel suite that Blake found for us. Two King Beds, Two bathrooms, pullout sofa, full kitchen, balcony, fireplace, loft, candy jar, large hot breakfast. It was comfy and fun. Saturday we woke up early and went to the Renaissance Festival and walked around and took in the sights and food. We saw lots of fun stuff and interesting people and costumes. After that we headed to the museum in Downtown St. Paul. We took in the Body Worlds Exhibit which was the most amazing thing I've seen. Doug doesn't want me to talk about it because they're going next month. But it was awesome, and something I will never forget. We walked around the rest of the museum and then met up with Blakes family and went to a resaraunt down the street and ate dinner with them. They're a hoot, we spent a lot of the meal laughing. We got home late and crashed.

Sunday we woke up early to start a day of shopping. We went to Ikea where we bought some fun odds and ends and then off to the Mall Of America. It was fun. We split up so that we could all see what we wanted to see. I found some maternity clothes which was my overall goal. We really just window shopped most of the time. Then we met up again and headed out of town at about 5pm

We got home at abour 11:30 and that was about it. VERY busy weekend. Tomorrow is Isabella's birthday, she turns 2! We went over to Doug and Karissa's for a birthday party. We had dinner and cake and watched Isabella open presents. She doesn't quite get the hang of the whole present gig, but she liked her new toys-even though it took forever to open them.

Tomorrow is my day off. I'm going to spend most of it on the couch with my feet elevated so I don't look and feel like a big elephant with big feet.

My tummy is getting bigger-and I'll post some pics someday. We're painting the baby's room this week-and registering for baby shower gifts FUN!

2 comments:

Mr. Toast said...

I'm really glad to see y'all had such a good time. We have a big RenFest down here every fall too, but I haven't been in years. Last time I went was a blast, though ... bring on the bawdy wenches!

I checked out the web site for Body Worlds, and I have to say it seemed a bit creepy. Was it more interesting in person? Your suite at the Marriott looked totally cool, though, but I'm surprised you didn't get a deeply discounted (or even free) room from your employer. Hey, you could have received Choice Privileges® Reward Points!! It would have been awesome!! I bet you could have even gotten an early checkin if you were really snotty and demanded that your room be cleaned and ready by, say, 9 AM. :-)

Anyhoo ... WELCOME BACK.

April said...

We tried for the discount... but there was no hotel in that area that would give us that nice discount (they have blackout dates on employee discounts)

The body Worlds exhibit IS much better in person... more scientific... less creepy than I thought it was going to be. by the end you forget they are real bodies to be honest.