Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Thanks for all your well wishes. Here's an update. Kevin is doing a little better. The Doc said he can't work until next week or until further notice. They put him on Valum (nasty shit, man) so he is either in one of two states of mind: 1)complete and utter pain where he can't move his neck... or 2)Completely baked out of his mind and crazy from the drugs, but a little more mobile. He can't work on patients when he is on drugs (legality thing, of course) and he can't drive his commute to Crookston if he can't turn his head. So he is seeing a PT at another clinic everyday this week. He says it feels better after his therapy so hopefully he'll be able to return to work Friday or Monday.

I went to another doctor yesterday. I will spare you details, but he said that it is a condition that is healing, but can very easily be a problem in the future. So he said I can't run, jump, bump, play sports, go on carnival rides, ride a car on bumpy roads.... you get the idea. No lifting anything, no pushing anything heavy..... basically stuff I shouldn't have been doing anyway but now I have to keep an eye on it..... like I can't carry laundry up and down the stairs (shuks) He said be a couch potato. I'm thinking that is going to be hard for the next 6 months...and I'll probably end up gaining a billion pounds and having an obese 20lb baby.

I have to go to a doctor again next week, and then have another ultrasound in three weeks to see if the bleeding spot has healed....

We watched the movie "Firewall" tonight. It was a really good movie. Very stressfull... I yelled at the TV... I became one of "those" people... "OH MY GOD, DON'T GO IN THERE.. RUN RUN RUN!!!" It was definately worth the rent.

Oh, and of course I can't forget to announce the news... MY LIL' SISTER IS GETTING MARRIED! AH....... I'm happy for her... Ryan is a nice guy. You can tell he cares for her and will take good care of her and be a good dad someday... SOMEDAY!

CONGRATS Licia! LOVE YA.

4 comments:

Penny said...

Wow only 6 months to go! It seems like only yesterday that you told us you were expecting! Are you getting a tummy yet?

Mr. Toast said...

Damn, I go away for a couple of days and look at all the trouble you get into!! Stop that!

Seriously, I am glad to hear that both Kevin and you are doing better. Just take your doctor's advice and sit ... very ... still. Quiet. Calm. Relaxed. Enjoy it while you can, because after you have the baby you may have a hard time remembering when you were able to sit quietly and rest! :^)

You guys are in my prayers.

Jennie W said...

Glad you all you doing okay (Kevin, you and the baby!). Make sure Kevin takes really good care of you for the next 6 months!

Anonymous said...

Please tell Alicia congrats for me. I hope all goes well and that's she's very happy.

Melanie
Former Job Corps Instructor