Monday, June 26, 2006

R & R

Karissa, Doug, Kevin and I went to the lake Friday through today. We had a blast... pretty much doing nothing... well, not NOTHING, but close to it :) When we got there Friday we kind of just sat around and relaxed. There was a party two doors down with about 100-125 people, they had a live band that we could here so that was cool. It was the owner's 40th birthday, they own a bar in town, so they're pretty popular, especially since they offered free beer, that always brings um' in.

Saturday, we went to Sully's Hill Wildlife Game Reserve. We visited their new Visitor Center, and hiked up the BILLION steps to the top of Sully's Hill. My calves hurt, and that whole idea was just stupid... I hurt and being preggers, I had to go to the bathrrom the minute we reached the top.... but the view is pretty, and Karissa had never been up there, so it was worth listening to her bitch with me all the way up.

On Sunday, my Fam came out. Mom, Dad, Alicia and Ryan. and my aunt and uncle, and Tab and Derek.

I left to go into town to attend Amber's bridal shower, which was fun! Amber made off with a bunch of AWESOME gifts, and her aunts and mom are way funny. Sam and Mandy were there, so it was nice to have peeps I knew besides Amber. Its crazy that the wedding is only a month away! Amber... getting nervous yet? How many times do you have to hear THAT question in a day! Sam has a cute little baby belly. I hope I can look that cute when I'm that far along :)

Tonight I was walking leisurely down our stairs to the basement..babying my poor injured legs from climbing Sully's Hill and paddle boatng, and I slipped.... AGAIN... and fell... AGAIN down the stairs. DOWN ALL THE STAIRS! AGAIN! My elbow is swollen and my ankle is sore but I think thats all I hurt. I'm so freakin' clumsey... seriously! That is the third time this YEAR that I've fallen down stairs. I've forbidden myself to walk down the stairs holding the baby. I told Kevin he has to install a railing for me... like I'm 80... and maybe I won't fall. But I seem to be fine. I told Kevin that soon, people are going to stop believing the whole "I fell down the stairs" story because no one will believe that I really am THAT clumsey.

Now I have to go back to work tomorrow. This weekend went by WAY too fast

2 comments:

Reese Family Values said...

The clumsiness may get worse as you get bigger because your tummy with screw up your balance. Try to be careful. I got a hernia from slipping on the deck while pregnant with Ally. I'm not trying to scare you, I'm jst saying that the clumsiness may not be all you.

Penny said...

You better get Kevin to install that railing. You can't afford to fall with your baby. You are holding the baby now!