Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Nurses, Doctors and Patients.... OH MY!

Went to the doc yesterday. He didn't do jack shit for me. I dont like him, I don't like Altru Health Systems. I don't care if they DO employee my husband... he has problems with them on his end too. This is just too big of a story. But I dont' think their whole system of sharing data works AT ALL. I'm sick of having to explain to EVERYONE every time I go in what is going on with me. THey should know, it should all be right there in that tiny little handy dandy file folder you have in your hands... but no. He didnt have a clue what my ultrasound from three weeks ago said. He blew me off when his beeper went off and threw the Kleenex at me to clean off the Sonogram (hearbeat monitor) gel off my tummy as he dashed out the door saying "I'll see you in Four weeks!" I didn't have time to ask questions, I didn't have time to ask him "why are you not doing an exam.... not that I LIKE to be violated everytime I see you, but I was bleeding, and I would like to make sure everything is still okay, just so I can sleep better at nights" but no, he runs out of the room.

SO Kevin called the clinic. He used his special powers to get me an appointment that I couldn't for THE LIFE OF me get last week. SO now I have an appointment with a REAL OB doctor... not just a family practitionor. I get to see the SAME doctor everytime I go in, and hopefully they'll know what they're doing and I'll feel a little more trustworthy in their care. Go Husband, way to put the smack down.

My official "is it a boy or girl" ultrasound it August 1st at 9am.... I'm not getting my hopes up... but I hope we'll be able to tell... Sam's had like 6 ultrasounds... and they still don't know what she's having! Thats only in one month! Am I excited HELL YEAH! THe doc was a little surprised that I wasn't showing much. He also said I should be feeling the baby move... I think he is on crack, because everything I've read (and Karissa backed me up on this one) said that most first time moms don't feel any movement until like 20 weeks or later. I'm on ly 15 weeks. But whatever. In a little over 4 weeks, I'll have ultrasound pics to post... how exciting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

With my 3rd baby, I felt her move when I was about 15 weeks along. But I was an old pro by then. With 1st babies, I believe you are right with saying 20 weeks.

But watch for those movements - they're like little butterfly flickers. Hmm. That makes little sense. Anyway, you'll be able to feel it long before your hubby gets to! But that doesn't last long...and then the baby will be doing his/her "Alien" impression.

Good luck

Reese Family Values said...

It sucks that your docs aren't giving you the attention you deserve. That doc is dumb if he really thinks you should be feeling movement already. Give it even until like 24 weeks for a first time baby. The first movements that you do feel will be faint and it will be hard to tell if it is actually baby or if it is just gas. When you do start feeling more movements though you will love and hate the feeling. You'll love that you can feel your little one but it also feels wierd sometimes and it is annoying at 3 in the morning. I hope that you can find a doc that truely cares about you and your baby and that you can be comfortable with. It will make your whole experience so much better.

Liz said...

I'm glad you're seeing an OB for the rest of the pregnancy. I wish your doctor appts were more helpful. Even if you were bleeding, I don't know if the "check" is necessary every time. I don't remember for sure, though.

And the kicking thing...I didn't know it was the baby moving until weeks later, and I did the whole "oh, that's what that was." Pretty soon the babe will be doing somersaults right when you go to bed, and you'll think "why now?" :-) but really not mind.

(sorry so much what I experienced...let me know if I'm over the line, PLEASE!)

BoneDaddy said...

Yeah, I didn't feel Isabella kick either until...oh wait, Karissa had her not me, maybe it WAS just gas...

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started about altu. When I hurt my wrist. the first doc, had me do bloodwork for stuff I had been tested for about 9 months before for my deployment physical (my wrist was hurt then too). Then wanted to have do and EMG ( they stick needles in your muscles hooked to electodes to see how well they are working. It hurts!!!) which I blue off. I got a 2nd opinion who said a sprained my wrist. By this point i was pissed off. I complained to a military medical board thingy(can't remeber the name.) about the fact that im technically unable to my job. My hand wrist hurt so bad I couldn't pull the trigger on a pistol that only takes 6lbs of force when cocked. the finally go me an othopedic surgeon, who after some tests said that there isn't much they can do, without really screwing up mobility and nerves. All of this wonderful process took about 5 months.