Friday, June 02, 2006

The Magic Number: 182

182 BPM

We got to hear the baby's heartbeat today!!! Coolest thing ever... and I mean EVER! A little beating little heart in my tummy... belonging to a little plum sized baby. I was nervous at first because the doctor couldn't find the heart beat at, it took like 5 minutes to find the right place, but then all of a sudden... wooshWOOSHwooshWOOSHwooshWOOSH.... so very very cool. Kevin lit up, and the doctor was like "theres your baby!" ANd I was like holy shit, theres my baby!

So that is my story of the coolest thing I've ever done. Then Dr. Chan went onto explain miscarriage, and how to know if you are having one.... I think maybe he should have STARTED with that little bit of sad and ENDED with "yay, your baby!" But he chose the other way around, you know as a reality check. Nontheless, we heard proof that my body does in deed know what its doing, and its doing a fine job at making a baby from scratch.... okay not from SCRATCH... maybe it followed the directions on the box, but you get it.

Then The Husband left me and the baby and the kitten to join Doug and Karissa and the rest of the people of the world that have lives. He went to Devils Lake for Devils Run. Devils Run is the weekend full of fun.... here's last years...scroll down to June 5th

What am I doing you might ask? Well I work this weekend, so I can't go. But, whatyagonnado?

Me and Mr. Pie.... quality time. We rented movies so I have something to do. Speaking of movies....we finally watched Broke Back Mountain. Without the Gay factor... that would have been a REALLY dull movie. I mean, if you've seen it, imagine what it would have been like if the main characters were just a hetero couple... BORING!, but throw in the gay lovin' and you get a blockbuster. Its a good story line though, and its good to get the whole shock value out of the way, so the next "gay" movie will be watched because its a GOOD MOVIE and not because it has gay characters that have sex for 5 seconds in the movie.

2 comments:

April said...

Hope your weekend is uneventful, Amanda, I can about believe all the crazy calls you're getting this time of year!

Jennie W said...

Awesome on the hearbeat! That's so great! I spent today washing walls in our new house...don't thing that the same thrill at all..