Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tomorrow is the big day!!!

We close on our house tomorrow. 4pm.. and that house is ALL OURS!! We went there tonight with our realitor just to make sure all that appliances worked, the heat, the air, the stove all that good stuff, and it did. I'm still absolutely in love with the house. It was weird with no furniture, but I can't wait to put our own stuff in there, to make it look like our house, and not the previous owners. We found out we have a chokecherry tree in the back yard. There is also a garden full of rose bushes which are my absolute favorite, and a very healthy Bleeding Heart Bush... and the yard looks healthy and a lot fuller than before.

I can't wait to move in! Amber and Ben's house is only about 4 to 5 blocks away too! We get the UHAUL on Friday.

The whole house thing really cheered me up tonight. Earlier today I was a little... er.. huffy about somethings at work, mainly how everything I do is getting checked on like I'm not trusted with simple taskes. This make me wonder, what the hell am I doing (or NOT doing for that matter) to make my manager think I'm not handling things properly? So I've been racking my freakin' mind trying to think of ways to improve something.. but I can't think of anything, I wish if I was doing something wrong, then someone would tell me so I dont' feel like i'm missing something here. For the past week, she's had employees either doing things I'm very capable of doing, or had other employees check with me to make sure I did certain things... which I'd like to point out, I have done. Mind you, I'm a supervisor, If anyone should be asking me if I remembered to do something, is should be my manager, not a certain other employee (mainly the one that replaced me and then I replaced when I came back) I like this guy, and its getting harder for me not to take his "construction critisism" as "your not doing anything right, you stupid bitch" Which I feel he is thinking. I know I'm probably being paranoid, but he'll come in on his days off and go back into her office and be there for like 45 minutes (I don't even get that kind of a time block of her full attention, jealous, yes.) and I don't know what they're talking about... if he has concerns.. maybe he could come to me... his supervisor... or if he has suggestions... again, I would like to know. or maybe they're talking about the weather, who the hell knows... it probably shouldn't even bother me, that is why I don't want to talk to her about it, I'd feel like I'm being stupid and paranoid.

ah, anyway... blogging about work is dangerous... onto something else. That really wasn't supposed to be on this post, but I guess thats the only thing that is REALLY bothering me, and it helps to write it all out, even if none of you really care :)

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Since you worked for them before you would think that they would show a little bit of confidence in you. I think the guy is an ass for snubbing you like that. He could have a more professional manner. I know what it's like when coworkers obvousily have a problem with you but you haven't given them any reason to act like that. I care to hear about these stories and I am sorry that it happening. When they do that just think of the little O'Brien and that when he/she gets here you can leave that place for a while and spend all your time with baby.

Penny said...

Yay!!!! On closing the house!!! I can't wait to see it! I didn't get a chance to talk to dad yet about coming down this week end. I will try to do that tomorrow! It sucks what's happening at work. Maybe you should jus go in and talk to your manager and ask her if she is unhappy with your work at this time and if she says yes, then ask her what it is so you can make improvements in that area. Alicia is going to be busy the next few weeks, She and Ryan now have an appartment! Yep they signed and paid 1st months rent and deposit today Tonight they are going to stay there. It's a nice place clean and the appliances are newer. Alls they have to do is move in their stuff. I told Alicia she could have your matress
from down stairs. It's just temperary because Ryan wants to get a Queen sized. So I told them to just use the matress for now. They were also asking about the intertainment thing down stairs I think you had it in the first appt. with Doug. So what do you say about that?? Well I should be writing this on my blog not yours but I'm getting bery sleepy so bye for now.

Karissa (mommy) said...

Woo hoo! I can't wait to see your house tonight! Sooooo excited!

Jennie W said...

Good luck! Our closing date is June 2nd...so much to do before then!