Friday, May 05, 2006

Anyway....

Now that we got the whole "April's an idiot for even mumbling the word abortion....Out of the way... back to my normal not-so-controversial posts.

I went to the doctor... I'm healthy healthy healthy. The baby is still in there, or so the doc. says. The only concern she had was my thyroid... as I had problems with that in the past, and sometimes pregnancy can mess up your thyroid hormones. I just gotta keep an eye on it. My right eye that is, because my left is too busy tearing all day. meh, whatyagonnado?

I'm feeling a bit... Queasy today. Not nauseous mind you... there IS a difference. My doctor said that if I haven't had any "morning" sickness yet, then I probably won't at all, I'm pretty happy about that. She also told me not to tell any woman that has ever been pregnant that I don't feel sick... cause thats an easy way to form enemies... but its not MY fault... :) I'm sure I have mine coming.... in the form of like spider veins... or hemorrhoids Oh god, crossing my fingers .... ew. I've also lost 8LBS since I've been pregnant. She said that is normal because that is when women actually start eating right, and in healthy portions. I've completely given up soda (okay maybe one every two days or so...) and I'm not eating candy or junk... (Okay maybe a cookie here or there... but there is nothing in the world that will make me give up OREOS!) Other than that, I'm eatin' GREAT!

I spent some time with Amanda on Wednesday. I forgot I told Pete and Alexis that I would have dinner with them Wednesday night (thought I said Wednesday OR Thursday) We hung out at "our" bar and I drank Sprite and she drank Coke, and we just chatted for a while (the blackjack tables were full) I'm sure we just looked like LOADS of fun...:) but it WAS fun. Amanda is moving to GF in August. WOW... Katie is moving here, and Amanda is moving here and my cousin Mariah is moving here...Butto is EVENTUALLY going to be here, I'll just be surrounded by peeps I love!

Just in time... for BABYSITTING!!!

Does anyone remember that show on Nickelodeon with that mannequin and the magic hat? With that African American woman.... and they were in a department store... and it was on after/before "You Can't Do That on Television"??? I can't for the life of me think of that show... Random thought #846

I'm reading Jenny McCarthy's "Belly Laughs" Karissa lent me. I LOVE IT. She is hilarious! I recomment that book to anyone that has been pregger, will be... or is preggers... you will find it funny too.

I'm enrolling Kevin into a "new daddies" class at the hospital. (Yes, Husband... you ARE going!) He'll learn all the baby basics. Diapers... and spit up... and playing... and deeper things like "I thought those were MY boobs" and "I feel like she loves the baby more than me" Yes, those are concerns written in the brochure!.

I'm hopin' they have a baby spit up and drool simulator... so he can get over his fear of baby drool.

We found out that the owners (well EX-owners) of our house are on their way out now... and they wouldn't mind moving the closing date up to May 19th. The house was Appraised today, we'll find out the $$$ amount soon I guess. Now i hope we can get a UHaul... its kind of last minute.

I'll save you from more blabber.... G' Night!

6 comments:

Penny said...

Mariah dilivered her graduation invtation today. She told me that you designed it, that she just told you what she wanted and it turned out just the way she wanted it. She is very happy with it and I love it. Her eyes look so blue and they match her sweater. Too cool. I didn't know she was planing on moving to GF. Is she going to UND?

That's funny about Kevin going to classes to learn how to deal with drool. Have you told him about my vedio?LOL I saw Norma at Leevers today and told her about the baby.
She is happy for you and Kevin.

April said...

I'm sure she is "happy" as "happy" as that woman can be.

Liz said...

Glad things are going well with body and baby!

Janelle said...

I remember that show too but can't think of the name of it. I have actually been thinking about that TV show a lot lately...weird. I also remember the security guard that was a puppet with this strange looking white mustache and he was always doing stuff on the monitor in the "guard room".

BoneDaddy said...

April, I do NOT believe in you seeing a doctor, giving up junk food, or enrolling your husband in daddy classes, and I think you are evil! Take that! And you thought you got the argument stuff behind you!
Anyway, a drool simulator actually sounds like a good idea for someone like Kevin. Is it real drool? It should be. Because I don't believe in "fake drool" simulators, either.
Oh, and I like the dancing Napolean Dynamite.

BoneDaddy said...

Oh, and I don't believe in "owners of houses"!