Monday, April 24, 2006

3 hour and $3,000 LATER.....

Today, there was a new house goin' on the market. So we set up a meeting with our realitor, Jerry, and met him at 7:30pm to take a peek at this house that just went on the market today. Well, there is already an offer from earlier in the day, so we knew it had to be good. I walked in, and OMG, what a cute house!! Its on the smaller side, but everything is freshly painted, and the kitchen is beautiful. It has ceramic tile. The living room and dinig room has original hard wood floor that is in very good condition. The bedrooms are medium size... the master bedroom isn't too small, but not as big as we hoped.. but we don't NEED a big room. There was a nursery too. There are three bedrooms, 1 1/2 bathrooms, finished basment with a very nice laundry area. A den. Its just soooooo cute!!!

The backyard is amazing. There is a 6ft privacy fence all around it. and it is huge. There is a beautiful mosaic cobblestone patio with a 2 car garage. I LOVE IT! I felt nervous coming into it because its in such high demand (they have 10 more people coming tomorrow) and I didn't want to just jump right in to the first house we look at. But when we walked in, we just knew it was our house. Its soooooo cute. I love it so much. I would never regret not looking at other houses, this one is perfect for us. PERFECT. We couldn't find anything wrong with the house.

SO we went back to Crary (Realitors office) and began the long process of making an official offer. Mind you, this is at about 8:30pm. We were there until 10:45pm. If you've ever bought a house... you'll know that this is not a simple process. I mean its not like we were BUYING it today, just putting in an offer, but OH NO... there is TONS of paperwork involved. Contracts galor. I can't count the number of times we had to sign our name. They're asking for $138.900. I don't know why, because honestly, we've seen houses half that nice for twice as much... but we're not argueing. Now, judging by the popularity and the fact that there was already an offer on the table... we were advised to go above the asking price because not only are we competing with the one offer today, but ALL the offers that will most definately come in tomorrow, all of which will be landing in the sellers lap in a big bunch together... ours and theirs... so we had to stick out. Then there was a whole bunch of legal talk... and insurance... and bank... and who pays who to where and why and disclosures... and yeah, I understand most of it, but its not neccessary to type it all out.

The house is in excellent condition. we know we love it. and so we knew we had to jump. no time to hesitate. What we did NOT know is that we had to pay some mooooola tonight... for part of the down payment. We decided to pay a little more than average because it jumps out at the seller, and besides if we do not win the bid... then we get all that money back. Its money we would have to pay sooner than later when it came to closing costs and downpayments.

I won't tell ya how much we offered. Thats non of your stickin' business. But Jerry said he thinks we have a fighting chance. I hope he is right. Judging by the sellers and the attitude of their realitor, it sounds like we may know as early as tomorrow afternoon if we are at least in the running.

wow, so now I can add mommy AND homeowner to the resume!!

This is a funny converstion I got at work today...

Caller: I applied for a job there, and I'm wondering if I got the job

ME: What is your name?

Caller: _____Powers.

ME: Well I'm sorry _____ but the position has been filled.

Caller: What? Why the hell didn't your manager call me back then? Is that how she treats her employees? Because thats really rude.

(Um... okay, soooooo glad we didn't hire her.. because she totally got a freakin' attitude. Seriously lady, you were applying for a JOB that works with PEOPLE... learn to communicte) it continues....

Me: um... no she isn't like that, but judging by your attitude I can see why you didn't get the job.

Caller: I was polite up until this point, I've called like 5 times, and no one told me that I wasn't hired.

Me: Well, like I said, the position has been filled so I guess you don't have to worry about it anymore huh?

Caller :FUCK YOU! *Click*

Me: LMFAO!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA...

seriously who the hell acts like that when they're trying to get a job... that they applied for only last week, the position was filled on Friday for crying out loud... she probably would have gotten a letter or somethin, but chill out lady. But I laughed because she was so freakin' stupid.

5 comments:

Karissa (mommy) said...

I love me some houses! I hope you guys get it, and it sounds like a great house from what you told me. Even if it was a dump I'd want you to have it since it's what you guys want. ;) I've been keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh, and the conversation you had with that lady is pretty damn funny. I love idiots! Ok, so not really, but I love hearing about them.

Liz said...

Okay, basically ditto of what Karissa said, but is this the one on Cottonwood?

Holy sh*t, crazy phone call! I'm glad they didn't get the job either!

Janelle said...

Awesome on the house, we are hoping for you.

That chick better had been applying for housekeeper because someone like that definately should not be working reception.

Oh...Darren say's congrats!

Jennie W said...

Good luck on the house...you think that paperwork is bad, just wait until the home inspections! We, fun of fun, are trying now to get out a house deal because of bad inspections (which is totally within our rights). Ray is ready to tell off our realtor (who really needs to realize she's on OUR side, not the seller's) the way that idiot on phone did...but he would have a reason! Talk about killing the messenger.

Penny said...

A new baby and a new house. Wow I'm speechless. I also, (being nosy) checked out houses onine at Crary Realestate. If I picked out the right one it looks like a winner. Hope things work out for the best. Waiting to hear something, from you.