Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Stevie Wonder and all his sucktastic songs.

Don't get me wrong, I like Stevie Wonder just as much as the next gal, but I think it was strange when American Idol made Mr. Wonder their themed show tonight. All the contestants sang Stevie Wonder songs... kind of. Basically all but three sucked at it. They say Mr. Wonder has such a unique sound, and that is why he has become such a great recording artist. But I think maybe his unique sound is a little too hard to mimick. Although the judges were commenting on "making the song their own" and "showing some originality in old classics" They also were discouraged when the contestants didn't perform the song as Stevie would have performed it. To top it off the overall negative comments and feel to the show tonight, I didn't even get to hear the only Stevie Wonder song I would have recognized "I just called to say, I love you, I just called to say how much I cared......" Which happens to be my ring tone on Blakes phone when I call him :)

Here is me and Kevins pick of the week for American Idol... okay well since blogger doesn't feel like posting images, I'll just have to tell you. Its Chris Daughtry. Coming in second is Taylor Hicks. I think Taylor is funny lookin' and can't dance to save his life, but I love his voice and I think that is enough to get him to the top 6.

Enough idol talk.... On to Scrubs. I love scrubs, and I still have to finish watching this weeks episode. I also love the new Real World, although I don't know if I'm going to be able to sit through this whole season with this cast, they all annoy the hell out of me. Because all of the shows that I actaully watch are on Tuesday nights, Tuesdays are my new couch potato nights. What? like you don't have your favorite shows... and out of curiosity... I want to know what YOU guys watch. What is your favorite "can't miss an episode" show???

Amanda is coming to visit next week! She's staying over Friday night, and just my luck, she has the 4th Harry Potter movie, I knew she wouldn't fail me.

Did you know that this week is AAA Apreciation Week? Well it is. So Blake and I are going to the GF AAA office with cookies and balloons to say "we appreciate your business and support!" for the hotel.... lame, I know. But you do what you gotta do.

I thought I had fun stuff to blog about, but apparently I don't. Funny how that worked out huh... if you made it this far, well thats just sad.

7 comments:

Karissa (mommy) said...

the real world annoys the hell out of me too. i've only been watching it when it's re-runs and there is nothing else on.

you know what show's i can't miss. desperate housewives and greys anatomy. actually if i miss one i wont die, but i'll be upset. then i have to watch the view the next morning, because they always talk about it on mondays, to find out what happened.

Karissa (mommy) said...

oh yeah...grrr...harry potter...grrr...

Penny said...

Sunday nights I love watching Charmed but as you know I have to tape it and watch it later at work. I have been watching Scrubs too. But I think Greys Anatomy is a better show than Scrubs. As far as hospital shows go. Just my opinion.

BoneDaddy said...

Every single favorite show I've had, I've managed to miss episodes.

Mr. Toast said...

I love Greys Anatomy, have to watch it every Sunday night. I just recently got hooked, so I have to go buy season one soon!

Karissa (mommy) said...

um, your blog is weirding me out. it looks weird.

Anonymous said...

I Can't wait to get home to watch scrubs. I've been stuck here in bottineau since monday. This is the most boring place on earth.