Wednesday, March 01, 2006

funny story

I was reading waiterrant.net and he was talking about outragous and crazy things people do at restaurants when their order isn't correct... and it got me laughing and remembering this...
I know that most of you know this story, and really its not my story to tell, but it'll make you laugh, and I will not use names because its someone we know and love.

I had this friend who was obsessed with Taco Johns' Ranch borritos.
He ate them everytime he went to TJ
He always ordered them without onions.
One night he went to Taco Johns and ordered his usual.
He got all the way home before he opened the bag (now, most people check their order before driving out of the parking lot, but whatever)
He got inside, sat down and bit into his long awaited Ranch Borrito... and what does he find? Onions.
Now, mind you, this isn't the first time they've messed up his order.
What does he do. Does he drive back to the restaurant and demand his correct order? NO. Does he say "eh, we all make mistakes" and pick off the onions and eat the borrito? NO.

He decides to write a letter to Taco Johns. A very tasteful letter that simply explains that he enjoys Ranch Borritos and is a loyal patron to Taco Johns and is very dissatisfied with the poor quality of service... yada yada yada... then he puts the letter in an envelope... and thows the Ranch Borrito w/Onions (minus one bite) into the envelope along with the letter. The next day, he mailed the package to Taco Johns.

Now last time I checked, you aren't supposed to send parishable food items through the US mail system... but who cares, this is hilarious!!!!

Can you imagine the look on the managers face when they opened the envelope only to find a partially eaten, two or three day old Ranch Borrito?!!! GENIUS!

The next week, he got $15.00 worth of Taco Johns gift certificates and an appology letter.

Crazy Doug... ooooops.... I mean... friend... crazy friend....

3 comments:

Penny said...

hahahahhahahhaha! That is so funny!! Why didn't we think of that the time we order a taco pizza from Pizza Hut, and it only had the bean sause on. We returned it and got a freash pizza but maybe we would have gotten more if we would have mailed it back to them. That is so funny. Hahahahahahahahaahaha Good one Doug I thought for sure she was talking about Kevin.

BoneDaddy said...

No! It wasn't the onions (although they were on there, too, and this was like the third time they did it). It was a big long black hair wrapped right up in the burrito. Just thought I'd correct you there, otherwise people would think I was crazy...

Janelle said...

Way too funny!! That story just made my day. When ever I have a problem with some food shop I am just going to let Doug take care of it for me.