Thursday, February 09, 2006

*sigh*

So the weather is starting to get a little icky. Ewww. I hope it gets better by tomorrow night so I can drive to GF. I may not leave until Saturday anyway because Mandy said she can help me move some stuff down there with her truck and since she is going down to GF to go bridsmaid dress shopping with us girls, I thought why the heck not.

I'm getting nervous about my interview. It is Monday morning at 8am. I usually don't get too worked up because I think I have pretty good interview skills. I'm just not too sure I have the skills for the job this time. I mean I'm sure I'm competing with people who have a degree in graphic design, or people who have kick ass portfolios. I have neither of those things. Yes, my skill level with photoshop is above the average joe, but compared to others in the business PROFESSIONALLY (which I am not, working in a one hour photo store making announcements and posters doesn't count) I don't think I stand a chance... but then again, they did call me for an interview, so I'm sure if they had aplicants with better cridentials on paper (degree, resume) then I would have already been booted from the running already. I'm also worried because this Angela lady doesn't sound nice. I mean, nice yeah, but she just didn't sound oh so happy about interviewing people. But then again, Kevin pointed out that she is just from the HR department, so chances of me having to work with her on a day to day basis is slim.

Anyway, KSoFM asked what I'd be doing. I don't know EXACTLY, but I have a pretty good guess. Acme Electric has 4 or 5 different locations in ND and other states. Grand Forks is the HeadQuarters. So I'm guessing I'll be doing layouts for ads, designing promotional stuff, in-store and media stuff in general. I'm assuming its gonna be mostly ad inserts for newspapers around the areas that have an Acme Electric. Hey, maybe I'll even get a discount on tools! SCORE! I'll be using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop and my experience with industial printers and transfer software might be handy too. Who knows.

I might still work for the hotel part time houskeeping on weekends or something. Just for some extra cashola. Besides, I can't sit on my bum anymore... This job in DL is the first job that I sit on my bum most of the time and I'm definately feelin' it... i mean in the 8 months we've lived in DL, I bet I've gained... oh like I'm gonna tell you how much more fat I am...but I am, and I don't want to just sit in front of a computer all day.

Anyway, Pete just left, and now I am officially on my ownwith the store for two days. Ah.....feel the freedom, too bad I'm not the mischeivious type... I'm sure I could find LOTS of stuff to get into... but I think I'd better behave myself and just do my job.... darn morals!

2 comments:

BoneDaddy said...

Everyone has to start somewhere, right? It's like paying your dues, then moving up with the experience you've gained. You might even find yourself up against current college grads who don't even have real world experience, or who might have been able to get specific software or hardware training, but have no idea what kind of advertising might appeal to a customer and bring them to the store.

Josie, group organizer said...

if it's the graphic designer posistion, from what I read they have quite a few openings which ups your chances of getting the job! I bet you'll get it. Good luck.