Friday, February 17, 2006

just kidding... they don't really like me... not one bit

I got a letter from Acme today. They hired someone more qualified in making signs. How freakin' hard can it be, you design it, print it, and put it on things. So I suck at life.

I didn't really think I was getting the job anyway. So now I'm over it. I don't think I'm going to look for graphic jobs anymore. I need a degree and I don't have one so I don't want to waste my time. I'm going to take the job at the hotel. I love working there. I love my co workers and Jan is the best manager ever. I think the only reason I felt like I needed to find a different job is because that is my "college job" The job I had until I found "something in my feild" well if that was the case, I probably should have reevaluated my choice of fields. I have nothing wrong with the hotel business. I actually like it a lot, except for the pay. I will get paid crap. 8.00/hour. crap. Even though I had worked there for 5 years (and got screwed out of 5K) I have to start over.. no more anniversary bonuses, I have to start over like I never worked there before. day 1.
But there are plenty of other jobs out there, so in a couple of months when the students are gone for summer, maybe I'll look again.

I watched the third Harry Potter with Amanda tonight. It was good, except for the Warewolf, that part was scarey and I closed my eyes.

speaking of eyes. about 2 years ago I had to go to the eye doctor because my tear duct was clogged or something. It took the doctor and Kevin to hold me still while the doctor stuck a needle in my eye and forced a saline solution in my eye, which is conected to your nose, and throat... so you can about imagine how discusting that was. I'm not scared of needles. Shots don't bother me. But this needle was the biggest I've ever seen, ask Kevin, it was like 5 inches long and very scary looking, and it was being stuck IN MY EYE...well, my eye has been doing the same thing and it is getting annoying because my tears will build up... and I feel pressure and then all of a sudden it gushes out and looks like I'm crying, so I rub it and now my eye is puffy and red and weapy. Very gross. I'm convinced that if I pretend it doesn't exist, it'll go away and I'll never have to see that mean doctor with his torturous needle.

It is late, and this janis joplin song on repeat is getting annoying. Yes, Katie, I'm thinkin' of you.

5 comments:

Mr. Toast said...

Don't give up, April. Just because that one company was too dumb to hire you doesn't mean you won't get a better opportunity somewhere else. The hardest part is getting your foot in the door somewhere, but keep trying.

Apple mogul Steve Jobs once said, "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

In other words - live your dream.

Good luck. :^)

Josie, group organizer said...

You'd only get 8 an hour after working there for 5 years managing?! and they won't even give you you're bonuses. Screw the comfort inn. You are so smart and so cabable and I mean if you love the job do it, but don't just do it because it's comfortable. You have everything you need to land an awesome job and acme was just too stupid to realize it. You picked the right field of work to go into. You love what you have a degree for and eventually you will find a job to correlate with that. It may take a bit of digging but they're out there and then you will absolutely love it. Don't sell yourself so short! But I will stop with my 2 cents (or 4 or 5 that I put in)

Josie, group organizer said...

your not you're

Josie, group organizer said...

How were you able to do the eye thing? I would just scream in terror. I couldnt' imagine anything like a long needle going into my eyes and how much that must hurt. I hope for your sake you never have to go through that again.

Penny said...

I hope you don't have to do the eye/needle thing again, I know how much you hate other people getting close to your eyes. With or without a needle. You have had to deal with a lot of trama to your eyes. So I hope it clears up on it's own.

As far as that job, maybe they found someone that likes tools better than you. LOL!!! I bet if something came up in the kind of graphic design work, that you enjoy, like people and the kind of stuff that you were doing at Ramsey Photo you would have a better chance because of your experence. So don't give up on that just yet. Now that your in GF I'm sure you will find something that is "designed" just for you.
get it designed haha I made a joke haha. Yeah.... I know it's lame. (What do you expect from you mom?
But did it at least put a little smile on your face. Even if it was only for a second? Love you.