Thursday, December 15, 2005

Because Karissa's life depends on it.... I post.

The past week has been very busy. Work has been VERY busy. I've worked on stuff at home and went back to work and put in some more hours. We went to Grand Forks today, so I felt guilty for leaving Pete during such a busy time for the store, but you do what ya gotta do and I'll just have to kick it up a notch tomorrow.

We left this morning, and the roads were bad, but like true North Dakotans, we traveled in the "no travel advisory"... I mean if it was too bad they'd close the highway... right? So the road was icy and snow covered, visablity was less than a mile... heck it was less than a car length away and there were drifts... but we were determained. We got to GF in once piece, and Kevin went to his 2 hour meet and greet with Altru's head PT people. I went Christmas shopping for him and kept myself busy while he was kissin' butt and being the charmer he is.

Well, all the charming paid off. They liked him... there will be a lot more discussionsbetween them, that is all I'm going to say. Seriously, all I'm gonna say, so back off, no questions please.

Oh and here's a funny story. Kevin was like "I want to get you your present, but I can't because your with me" so we agreed that he would run in, get it and call me so I could close my eyes as he put it into the car. (I know big dorks) so I see him coming out without a gift "I have to pull up to the doors" We pull up, and I close my eyes. Next thing I hear is Kevin banging around the back seat, grunting and sounding frustrated. "It won't fit" "what do you mean it won't fit, what the hell did you get me?!" I turn around and see him trying to shove this 8 foot long box into the back seat. His car is like 2 feet too short. "How the hell did you think you were going to hide this from me, its huge, and it is sitting 2 inches from my seat?!" He said "I don't know, I didn't think that far in advance" yup, and hes a doctor.

So needless to say, he had to take the box back into the store and return it. I laughed the whole time. He felt bad because he was unable to get my gift before Christmas, but I think watching him try to shove that box into the car and expect that I would't look at this enormous monstrosity pushing against my seat is enough of a gift... the gift of comedy.


The drive home was more scary, but we made it. We went over to Buttos and started on the third season of "Scrubs" my favorite show of all time now! Plus my favorite actor from Law and Order SVU was on an episode, as was "Ricco" from Six Feet Under, and I just love the show more now.

I got some of my Christmas presents wrapped and I'm washing some CLOTHES (with a 'e') for those of my buds that can't spell clothes... I love you, I really do... and I know I spell really bad, but anyway...

Kevin doped himself up on Nyquil and went to bed early, hes getting sick... ew.

Why do I like "Boyfriend" by Ashlee Simpson? WHY GOD WHY!!!

I burnt the roof of my mouth (right in front in between my two front teeth) and it is swollen and red and very sore, and it is making it feel like my teeth are shifting. Stupid apple cider. I don't even like apple cider all that much, why did I drink it! WHY GOD WHY!?

Heres another rant: Why do we have to all of a sudden be PC about CHRISTmas?! They are having discussions in stores on whether or not they should say "merry christmas" or "happy holidays" or "Have a good Winter Celebration" WINTER CELEBRATION (again with the Caps) Seriously. Its okay people, Jesus was born (whether you believe he was the son of God or not) and Christmas is a celebration of his birth, you can't change history, it is okay to say Merry Chistmas.

It also get to me when people say "Merry Freakin' Christmas" If you don't like Christmas, fine, don't join in the festivities, but don't expect anything like good wishes and the such from me.

Anyway, thats about enough for me, I gotta get to bed. NIGHTY NIGHT!

2 comments:

Mrs S said...

I feel bad for kevin. But ya know I have a car with fold down seats and am coming to Devils Lake on Sat. Morning...... So if Kevin would like to call me for some strange reason..... I would be glad to help.

Karissa (mommy) said...

thanks for FINALLY posting. i wasn't sure if i'd make it much longer.

i agree with you on the christmas thing. i'm sick of people needing to be pc about everything. people don't celebrate the "holidays", they go home and celebrate a SPECIFIC holiday. if saying merry christmas really offends someone that much then maybe they shouldn't go to any stores around this time of year. i'm also sick of towns fighting over whether or not they should call christmas trees holiday trees. i'm pretty sure that the big evergreen that is decorated with lights, and ornaments is not used for hanukah or kwanza. just call it what it is people!!!!

now that i think of it i'm offended by churches when i drive by them. i think they should start calling them "worship buildings for everyone even if you aren't christian, but you really shouldn't be in here anyways since we are just going to worship a specific god". yes, that sounds more pc to me and definitely less offensive. *cough*bullshit*cough*

sorry for the rant, but being an atheist who celebrates christmas, i feel it's my duty in life to make sure that all thos overly pc buttheads learn to shut-up already.

alright, i'm done.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! MERRY FREAKIN' CHRISTMAS!!! no, wait...sorry...and i was doing so good...;)