Friday, June 10, 2005

Wow, I can't believe I'm getting paid to work at this job. Their idea of busy is helping one person while answering the phone and having to fold 2 bins of laundry. The phone never rings. It rang a total of like 15 times in a total of 8hours. We ate their pastries and cookies and a pizza (that I accidentally opened the wrong size on accident so we had no other choice than to eat it) and blogged and watched the MTV Movie awards. We chatted, and yet with all that 'excitment' I still managed to get bored. The clock seemed to move backwards and for a while I could swear it stood still. I like the fact that it is SOOO rediculously relaxed, but it makes the shift go by sooooo very very slow. But I like the people I work with even though they are treating me like a complete idiot because I'm 'new' when in reality I have more experience than most of them do, except of course my supervisor, but thats okay cause she is cool and the only one that treats me like I'm not stupid. The others watch my every move and when I ask a question it isn't that I DON"T know what I'm doing but just confirming that I am doing it THIER way and not my old way. The girl today showed me how to print a registration card, and how to post a cash payment.... for those of you who know what I'm talking about. That is like the basics, but I understand that they are just trying to be helpful, so I just say thanks and move on.


I really miss my buddies in Grand Forks too. I miss ALL my co workers a LOT. I like the way we all just knew how to work together and it all flowed very neatly. But I'm sure I just need to warm up to my new co-workers way of doing things and I'll be fine. I get really sad when I think about how good I had it in GF. I honestly didn't think it was going to bother me as much as it is. But I have friends here too, even though most of them are too busy to see me. Amanda is the only one I've hung out with since I've been back. Thats good, cause if it wasn't for her I think I'd go crazy and feel like no one likes me. Cause I get that way sometimes.

For some reason, I'm feeling more anxiety too EVERYDAY! I'm assuming it is because I'm not on a schedule yet, and I'm encountering new things everyday still. I feel like I'm dreaming and I'll wake up and be in my old apartment. I really want to start some sort of Photography project, but I can't think of anything. I wanted to do landscapes and buildings around town, but the weather has been cold and rainy. The highest temp I thnk this week is like 60 degrees but its been raining and cloudy everyday.

I know I'm rambling but I'm up and no one else is, and I dont have anything better to do.

Maybe I'll go see if Amanda is still up....

5 comments:

Penny said...

Hi April I haven't posted on your blog for awhile. I'm glad you are checking in on Alicia's. I'm so happy to be able to read yours and Alici's blogs and know how things are going for you both. I can't help you with the fact that your job is boring, but if your looking for photo ideas what if you put an add in the paper for graduation pictures? So many of them are more casul now. Drive around town and look for cool spots that kids would like to have their pictures taken. Almost time for work gota go Love Mom

BoneDaddy said...

Hey, now you're me! Except I can't blog at work as easily.

Janelle said...

I am happy to hear that you want to start a photography project because I have wanted to get a good family portrait taken of Darren, Cassie, and I. If you are up to it, we can all come into DL when Darren isn't working and we could see what we can do...that is, if you want to do it.

Anonymous said...

April i am so envyious !!!!! I would like to be that busy... gosh.... You know we all miss you here to ... and even though you not that far away .... it seems like a million miles ... sad ... well your always welcome down here and you know that... hope you find some things to keep you busy... if not i guess we could start sending our laundry up to you guys to do ... hey thats not a bad idea.... :)

Anonymous said...

hey i just read your moms post... and i think that is a really good idea about the grad pics thing..... you have already done 1 and it turned out really awesome! I think its a great idea!!! GO FOR IT !