Thursday, June 16, 2005

Just chillin'

Kevin, Butto and I went to Champions bar tonight and just hung out for a while. Played some darts, which I just learned I suck at, Kevin lost 10 bucks playing Blackjack, and I looked at half naked men on the photo hunt game. Overall it was a nice evening. For the next couple of days I work the morning shift at the hotel, those shift always seem to go by faster than the evening shifts, and I'm up early and have the rest of the day after work to get stuff done, or hang out.

I went to the doctor today, you know the nasy embarrassing girly doctor... and I'm in pretty good health so yay for me. Except for one little thing. I'm overweight. Yup,... thats great. I'm not going to tell ya'll how much I weigh, but I'm 5"11 so come on I have the right to weigh a little more than average. But ask any of my friends, I don't look too overweight. I mean, yeah I've put on a few pounds, but I don't think I'd say I'm overweight. So what does this mean you ask? This means I'm officially on a diet starting monday... you know to give myself the weekend to build up motivation, self confidence, will power, and you know, so I can totally binge on cake and anything that can be breaded and deep fried.

Now, I may seem a little sarcastic about this whole dieting thing, but I think I can really do this. I have a FREE health club membership at Select Therapy, the place Kevin works, so why not use it! My whole life, I've been tall and on the more slender side. Not skinny... but you know, tall and... whatever. I've never had to watch what I ate and I've never really dieted. Which means that I've never eaten the healthiest foods or had good eating habits. I started gaining weight when I was about 18 (COLLEGE SUCKS!) So I'm not too far behind, I think I can whip myself into shape! The minute I see some improvements I'll be hooked to this whole healthy lifestyle thing. At least that is what I'm telling myself until Monday.

About the time we moved into our new place, I saw that the trunk of my car was scratch all to hell, I mean it's pretty bad. I thought maybe while we were moving something was set on it and dragged across the surface... well last night someone vandalized Butto's car (he lives two apts. away) and he was talking to our cop neighbor and the cop said that there has been a lot of that lately... they think its a bunch of younger kids. Well, I'm thinking they are the same brats that scratched my car too. Damn kids.

I'm hoping we're going to get a chance to enjoy the nice weather and go to the lake and take some pics in the next couple days... brighted up my blog a little.

4 comments:

Karissa (mommy) said...

I love that half naked men game!! I think I should figure out where to buy one so I can play it obsessively.

I can say that I never thought you were overweight. I think the scale was wrong or something. You should get a second opinion. Either that or you're like 1/3 of a pound overweight. If anything at least this might get you to eat healthier which isn't a bad thing. Good luck with your diet!!!!! Lose some weight for me too. :)

Anonymous said...

overweight ... are you kidding me !!!! i think you belong in the club im in... the very underweight ... i think karissa is right in you should get a second oppinion... i wish i could have a free fitness center pass ... i should really go lift weights or something.... i just cant afford it or get myself motivated but mainly the $$$. oh well ... to bad about your car ...well i best go to bed i get to work the moringing tomorrow ... nite nite

BoneDaddy said...

It's ok, April...Technically, I'm a porker, too. :8)
Ok, I'm kidding, but look at my snout!

Josie, group organizer said...

Did they measure you or just weigh you? Because a scale doesn't mean anything unless they measure you. Muscle ways more than fat and on those little charts you will see people who have lots of muscle but look in great shape be considered "overweight" and you can also see really flabby people be considered perfect weight. I'm suprised they still go by those standards. A lot of places have gotten rid of them because of how inaccurate they are and they test your body fat, waist/hip ratio, and all the good stuff which is a lot more accurate. You also get a free eval at Select Therapy where they test all that and then your fitness level and what not too.