Thursday, June 23, 2005

A day off, now what?!

So today is my day off... tomorrow was supposed to be which would have been nicer, but I've learned that the schedule is CONSTANTLY changing, and to never make plans because more than likely things will change. For example: I had a get together planned for the 4th of July. We were gonna have a luau! It looked as though I wasn't going to have to work, but now a coworker is leaving earlier than planned so now I work the 4th from 3-11. No fireworks for me! We finally live in a city that it is NOT illegal to shoot off your own fireworks, and now I cant. Okay I'm done whining. So we can't have our Luau on the 4th, thats okay, we'll just have to have it someother weekend. I work the next three weekends (and the last 2 mind you!) so I don't know when we'll get the chance but I'm excited for it!

Today I'm going to get my drivers licese renewed. I got a new one when I got married and changed my name, I didn't realize that it was only good for a year and a half! most of them expire 4-5 years after you get it... so here I was driving illegally with and expired license for 3 months and I didn't even know it! I hope they don't make me take that stupid written test again, I'd prolly fail it! I mean I know how to drive, but I don't know the technical stuff like "how many meters should be between you and the car ahead of you?"

I know you all are wonder how my diet is going right?! Well, its not really going yet. But I have been watching what I'm eating, I've passed up a cookie here and there, and I've chosen to eat two peices of pizza instead of 5. Thats a start right? I'll get the hang of it soon enough.

I drove to Forks on Sunday and stayed until Monday. Blake and I took in the ND Art Museum. Karissa and Doug were right, it really did suck. The whole exhibit had a purpose I'll give it that. It was to raise awareness about soil conservation and such but the fact that some tree huggin' hippie took some pics of dirt and got into a museum kind of makes me think I have a shot some day.

Well I'm off to meet Kevin for lunch at the Liquid Bean. Haven't been there in a while, should be fun.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

They won't make you take the test over again. Remember last month when I was having that really bad day and the cop pulled me over and my license had expired in Februray. The women at the licensing renewal place didn't even make a big deal out of it or anything. They just said "your license has expired" and I said "yep, that's why I am here." And I was done. I really admire you April, you work very hard and when someone asks you to put in more time you hardly ever say no. My work ethic isn't nearly as what yours is. Some day you will be repaid for all the work you have been putting in and hopefully you will have time to spend with us (ALL of you friends) and your family too.

Anonymous said...

cry sad tear... oh well and i even got it off... i guess i will spend it here in the forx or someting ... oh well ...