Tuesday, April 19, 2005

FuzzyButt's Day of Adventure

Today the Resident Manager had to enter our apartment for a fire alarm inspection. I hate living on a University Campus in Family Housing. Not only does my apartment look like a slightly larger dorm suite with ALL cheap tile flooring and panel/brick walls, but we have to have a resident advisor like a dorm building. Plus we have to follow all the University rules like the silly "no pet policy" Now come one... what is there in this apartment that a cat can damage? There is no carpet, there is no paint on the walls cause they're PANELING! So this morning I packed up Mr. Fuzz's food dish, tarter control snack bites, and catnip turtle (that resembles a WW2 bomb victim)I shoved him into his carrier (took a good 15 minutes too) Let the crying begin... I brought him to the hotel with me and he chilled in a room while I worked. We had to wait until the darkness of night to bring him home, like swift ninjas we managed to get him in and out without being caught.

I don't know why I thought of this... but some of you faithfull readers are not familiar with North Dakota... in fact you could probably care less, but I'm just curious.. how much do you REALLY know? so here's a short essay quiz... not for anyone of you who LIVES here.

What is the state capital
Did you even know there was a North Dakota on top of South Dakota or did you think we're so close to Canada we might as well be Canadians? (Winnipeg is only 3 hours from GF)
Have you EVER heard of ANY news coming out of ND?
When you think of North Dakotans... what kind of person comes to mind?
Have you ever been to or drove through ND?
Have you seen the movie Fargo (Cause if you have, I'm sorry but that really is NOT a good example of ND... except for the cold... the accents are COMPLETELY exhaggerated and make us look like stupid country hick folk. The only people I've heard talk like that may be my grandparents or my great grand parents.

So, COMMENT people I WANT TO KNOW!

4 comments:

KSoFM said...

there's 2 dakotas?

April said...

very funny. We're also known as the Dakota Territories.... just kidding, we're not :) But then again I've never been to the East coast so I couldn't tell you much about your area either... if it wasn't for the fact you live in DC.

Anonymous said...

I own Fargo, but its purely for the wood chipper scene. Other then that I can honesly say I know exactly dick about ND. I have no excuses. I guess I just dont care about your little excuse for a state. I am a state-ist. Oh yeah. Im all hey ND you stink or Hey AZ no more lip outta you. And dont even get me started on freaking KY. heh KY

Wait, what was I talking about?

April said...

Well... Bismarck is the capital. The movie Fargo sucks and no one who lives here likes it because it is so incredibly far fetched and I couldn't stand listening to the dialogue and that horrible accent! The most recent news (well a year ago) was when UND student, Dru Sjodin was murdered by a level 3 sex offender. It was all over CNN. Unfortunately thats all the news we get.

As for the farmers... most farm land has been taken up by large farming corperations, so the small town "family farms" are getting fewer and fewer each year. (a lot of that has to do with the fact that young people don't want to stick around ND, nor do they wish to follow in their fathers footsteps, they'd rather do something else) We have Native Americans (like every state does, mind you) and many live on reservations, but unfortunately they get a bad rap, and they are lawers, and doctors, and teachers. They don't wear feathers in their hair (except for ceremonial pow wows) and they drive cars, not ride horses. They don't hunt with bows and arrows either :)


oh and yes, we have running water and modern plumbing in ND, I have seriously been asked this question before!!!!

as for the whole polluting Canada's water.. I don't think it's really THAT bad, but I don't know much about it honestly, to give you an infomative answer :)