Wednesday, March 23, 2005

HOME SWEET HOME!!

Kevin and I have a HOME to move into in Devils Lake! Its a cute three level townhome. 2 bedrooms and laundry hookups. (our main concerns) Plus its in the same complex as our friend Jason, there is only one apartment in between us and him. We sign the lease on Saturday! We have to pay for April's rent even though we won't be moving in until closer to JUNE, but you get um' while they're hot. It is hard to find a decent place in DL because NOTHING new is EVER built there, and landlords usually suck. I'll post pics after we get back this weekend!

So now that we have a place, Kevin can except the job at Select Therapy for sure! Now all I have to do is find a job. I went to a Printing place, they were looking for Graphic designers, and applied, hopefully I hear from them sometime. I also applied at the Comfort Inn there (go with what ya know) I'm also going to apply at Head Start, maybe I can watch the kiddies. Tab said I can work with her at the Great American Inn and Suites but I don't know if I want to work with her because we'd be working different shifts, so one of us will always be there, and we'd never get to see eachother.

I'm going to try to keep myself busy there. I mean I don't want to get into a stupid dull routine. I want to join the Arts Councel. Kevin's mom is on it, and it sounds like something I'd like. (not the spending time with Kevin's mom part, but the getting involved in the community part)

I am enrolled in the Profit Sharing program at the Comfort Inn here and I have to work there 5 years before I can quit and get my $4,000. My hire anniversery is in October, so I have to stay an employee for a coupld months, and drive back to GF to work a shift or two a month to stay on payroll until I can quit and get my money. It's hard to believe that we'll be leaving so soon. I can't believe it worked out that we're moving back to our hometown. I don't know how I'll feel about living there, I'll probably feel like something isn't right for a while, like I'm just there for a long visit and that any day now I'll be driving back to GF, cause I've lived in GF for 5 years now and this feels more like 'home' than DL does, it'll definately take some adjusting. With Kevin there, I'll be fine.

Well, I'm off to find something to do, I want to see a movie tonight. I wanna see Ring 2, but I've heard from a couple of people that it sucks... any opinions? Has anyone seen that yet?

1 comment:

Mrs S said...

congats on the new place. I'm sure it'll be so much more fun then you think. The great thing about D.L is your always running into people you know in fact you can't leave the house without it happening. lol So it makes you feel nice and safe. Which is always nice.