Wednesday, February 09, 2005

LORD OF THE DANCE

We (Blake, Jan and her husband Blaine, and I) went to Lord of the Dance. I thought it may be a little... cheezy, but it was really cool! The set and lighting they has is AMAZING... and the dancing.... I mean really, who can move their feet that fast!? The whole group is together and they move so fast and smooth it looks like they are gliding across the stage! I thought it was going to be more... folky... but it isn't at all, and it isn't all riverdancing either, like most think. Most of it is, but some of it is just.... dancing and telling a story. I liked it, and we had really good seats.

So I really really really miss Kevin now. He only has three weeks left, but still, he isn't here, and I'm all by myself. I was going to drive back to DL tonight at 11, but I decided I'm too tired, so I'm gonna get up early and go down just for the day. I'm going to apply for the graphic design job for the Journal. We weren't planning on moving down there until May, but they are hiring now, and DL isn't exactly full of opportunities for me, so I don't want to pass this up if nothing like it is going to be available when I get my butt there.

So here is another addition to why I miss my hubby... careful you may cry.

I miss him because I can't sleep right without him. I've been waking up like every hour. I toss and turn... and I'm crabby, just ask anybody.

I miss him because he cooks for me... and I don't... so I'm eating a lot of boring food that I can make in like 3 minutes... in the microwave. I should really start cooking some time... I am a wife.

I miss him because he watches the History channel, and even though I moan and groan all the time... I actually don't mind it. When I start watching the stupid channel I actually learn something, and thats not too bad... I'm becoming dumber because I don't watch it if he doesn't make me.

I miss Kevin because he remembers to charge the mouse for the computer. I don't, so it dies and I can't blog.

I miss Kevin because when I have a bad day, he just hugs me, and gives me kisses, and lets me complain and when I'm done he cheers me up, EVERY time. Without him, I stay upset until I talk to him later that day.

But the reason I miss him the most, is because I know he is miserable in Bemidji, and he HATES it there, and there is nothing I can do about it. I can't hug him and tell him its all worth it in the end. and I'm SO SORRY that I can never come visit him.... I know he will read this so I AM SOOOO SORRY I Can't come see you this weekend. Your job is keeping you from me for 9 weeks, my job is keeping me from you for one day.

Anyway... I love him and I miss him... and I need him here with me!!! and I don't get to have him here on Valentines day, and I don't get to see him for two weeks. But I guess that is nothing compared to wives of soldiers in Iraq... I'm glad I'm not them... So Kevin I love you and I'll leave you all with pics of Lord of the Dance... enjoy!

3 comments:

Mrs S said...

I feel so bad that your away from your husband for so long. Honestly, I don't know how your doing it.

on the other hand thing that part about the history channel is going to get you in some trouble the next time he wants to watch and you start groaning lol.

Josie, group organizer said...

I love the blogger part. You're not an addict at all. I don't know how you're doing it either. Hang in there though. It will all be over soon. (and I'm sure those words aren't exactly comforting, I'd want to cry if I was in your shoes). As far as Lord of the dance goes....you became one of THOSE people.....shame on you. lol

Lillet Langtry said...

Hi April! I'm a random person who came across your blog, and it's so nice.

Your post about missing your husband totally made me cry. I'm sorry he's away! I love my husband so so much and would be just completely lost and sad if he were gone for so long -- and it's always the little things too that mean so much. He's a bartender and works really late hours, and I love it when he comes home at 5am (well, I don't like the 5am part becausse I work 9-5 as a receptionist) but when he comes home and I hear him very quietly say "hello kitties!" to our cats and then I feel like all is right with the world and I know soon he'll climb into bed next to me. Anyway, I'm glad you have such a sweet husband -- I love mine so much and I like to think that lots of people out there found the perfect person for them and are happy.

I read some of your other posts about working at the portrait studio -- have you ever read anything by David Sedaris? You've probably heard of this, but just in case, he has a story called "The Santaland Diaries" that's about his experience working as an elf at Macy's in New York during the Christmas season, and it's reeeallly funny, and there's all kinds of hilarious details about kids getting their picture taken with Santa. You might be able to relate, of you have a diffcult kid to shoot or a hard day!

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your blog, and best wishes to you and your family!

L.