Sunday, February 13, 2005

Bemidji...and all it's glory...

So Doug, Karissa and I went to Bemidgi to see Kevin yesterday. I finally got to see the shit hole that he calls home while he is there. OH MY GOD! I can't believe he has to live there. I knew it was bad.. but just look at the pics below, my god, they speak for themselves.

We met up with him at the hotel. We didn't do much last night because we got in pretty late. When Kevin and I went to go to sleep, we pulled down the sheets and they had a huge blood stain on them... HUGE. It was through the sheet and the matress pad. So I called the front desk and the poor woman came up and apologized till her face turned blue and I kept saying I know it happens, I know it isn't your fault, just give me new sheets and blankets and all is well. We went to Perkins for breakfast, and we were off to explore Bemidji. It is Sunday, so everything was closed, so we drove around for a long time just kind of looking around and stuff. We went to see Paul Bunyon and his blue Ox, Babe. We were there for like 1 minute just to snap some pics. We went to the mall, but didn't go into any of the stores, because we have them all here in GF, so there was no point of staying. Then we just hung out at Kevins apartment, where outside his door (in the woods) there were cool animal tracks in the snow. Some of them looked like bear tracks, but Kevin assured me that they were rabbit tracks (the two are obviously similar... or something like that) I still thnk they were bear tracks. There were deer tracks, cat tracks, bunny tracks and unidentifiable tracks. A couple doors down, there was a woman cooking on a small camping grill as her daughter played on the hood of the car in a thin sweatshirt. I can't imagine more than ONE person living in those rooms... poor family. There was one door with 2 kid bikes and laundry hanging from the door frame, we got the idea that more than 3 people lived there.

We ate at this very cool resaurant before we left, it was called Union Station, and we felt a little under dressed, but it was good food, and the atmosphere was calming. There was a fire place in the center of the room, the room had low lighting, and the walls were wall papered with maroon velvet, and huge paintings of trains and wooded scenery. It was spendy, but worth it in my opinion. It was kind of like me and Kevin's Valentine's day dinner.

We left Bemidji (and Kevin) and drove 2 1/2 hours home in the rain. So, our trip wasn't too exciting, but It was nice to see Kevin and where he is when I don't see him. It was nice to leave GF, even if it was for 24 hours. I got home, and my kitten is POURING on the love, he must know tomorrow is Valentine's day. :)

My head hurt so bad yesterday that I had to leave work. I felt like I was in a daze for hours. I went home and slept until i had to work at Sears for 2 hours. That sucked because there were babies and they were both screaming their little heads off and I wanted to run and hide and cut my head off. By the time we left for Bemidji, I was feeling better, but not 100% I'm going to try to see an eye doc. in the morning before I have to go to work at the hotel at 3. I get to work with Amber tomorrow! YAY! It should be fun. Oh, it's almost 11, I suppose I better call Kevin before he thinks I died on the way home. Enjoy the pics, they are quite funny.

2 comments:

Penny said...

April I'm so glad you got to see Kevin and that you had company with you on the road trip. I'm sure Kevin was happy to see you. Kind of a Valentine suprise. What Hotel did you stay in?? Yes, that is a crapy appartment but once he graduates, I dought you will ever have to settle for any thing that bad again. Well got to go. Happy Valentines Day. Love Mom

Josie, group organizer said...

Yeah, that headache thing is getting to be a concern. I would definately write down all your symptons etc in a journal and date it. I'm glad you got to see Kevin. Just remember that the place is crappy but how lucky you guys are that you're not the next family over with 3 kids, 3 min wage jobs, in that small little place that isn't big enough for one and that they can barely afford no matter how many hours they put in a day.