Thursday, December 23, 2004

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

A lot has happen since I posted last. On Saturday, Kevin and I drove to Alexandria, MN for an interview with a Physical Therapist. His name is James Olson and he owns three clinics in MN. Kevin sent him a resume and he called and said he wanted to meet us... yes, US. He specifically said "bring your wife" He kept saying "I want to know how well we 'click' together" So we drove the 3 hours to Alex. The city is nice; small, but not too small. We met the guy at his house and he and his wife drove us to his clinic. He talked to kevin A LOT, and I kind of zoned out. Then they gave us a tour of the of the city, and then we ate (we were kind of too nervous to actually enjoy our lunch). We were with these people for close to 4 hours. This guy seems pretty nice. He said that he is looking for a PT for one of his clinics, but he needs one sooner than later. Kevin still has one semester to go before he is actually a Doctor of Physical Therapy. But the guy also said that if things went well, and he hired Kevin, they could look at the possiblilty of opening a brand NEW clinic for Kevin to run. That was really cool because Kevin would have his OWN clinic, yet not have to PAY for any of it. They said that salary would be 50K/year + 50% of what that clinic made in the year. I mean WOW! The guy talked a lot, and he didn't really give a clear indication whether he and kevin "clicked" well. He told us to call him in 3 months when it is closer to the time that Kevin graduates.

We left Alexandria, and we drove to St. Cloud (one hour east of Alex) to visit Amy. It was really nice to see her again, I miss having her around, but she is doing really good there, managing the Hot Topic. Sunday, we drove back home and I prepared myself to go back to work.

I had a week off from the Hotel, it was nice but it doesn't seem like I was gone that long. This week we are getting ready for the WORLD JUNIOR HOCKEY TOURNAMENT. WOO HOO! no, just kidding, I am not at all excited for it. The hotel is packed the whole 2 weeks, and it has been nothing but a big pain in the ass! We have all the parents of Team Hockey Canada staying with us. Without going into too much details, things have been very.... tense around there. The Tourney starts on Christmas Day (who the hell planned THAT one, I don't know, but I'd like to give them a piece of my mind) And ends on Jan 5th. I can't wait till this stupid thing is over, we've been preparing for it for 2 years! It is supposed to be this HUGE event (and yes, I totally understand why)

I have to work Christmas Eve (tomorrow) from Noon to 11:00 pm and then Christmas Day from 8:00am to 7:00 pm. you do the math....

But I complain more than I should, because it'll be nice to get that holiday pay. The only sucky thing is that I don't know when I'll get to see my parents and sister to give them their gifts. I guess the only good thing about this World Juniors thing is that because there are going to be so many people in town from out of town, there will actually be restaurants open on Christmas eve and Christmas day, so I can have something delivered to the hotel! Last year, the only thing open to order was Chinese food :)

It is weird how fast Christmas snuck up on me. I got most of my shopping done, but since I'm not seeing my family until WELL after Christmas, I still have time to get them the rest of their gifts. :) so mom and dad if you are reading this, don't plan on getting your gifts within the next week :) I have most of the gifts, but not all of it.

Okay, this is getting long, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

2 comments:

April said...

unfortunately, I am the one who makes the schedule. I figure all the other employees are younger than me and are college students who need to see their families more than I do on holidays because I get home more than they do. So I did it to myself, it still sucks though!

Penny said...

Hi April, That was very nice of you to think of everyone else. But I still wish you could have made it home. Just remember that if you are still doing that next year it will be your turn to have the holidays off OK?! At least we saw you on Monday and Tuesday. Marie and Louis brought over a gift for us yesterday, that was very thoughtful. I have something for them but Dad was home not me so we will have to find away to get it to them. Have a very Merry Chirstmas!!Love always MOM