Thursday, December 30, 2004

Hockey fans and snow storms...

The World Junior Hockey Tourney is in full swing. USA lost to Belarus last night and that is the only game I've actually watched. We have all the parents of the Canadian team staying with us, and wow, I mean WOW. Canadians can be so darn PICKY and they LOVE to complain... about everything. Like the tea we have "I am paying $115.00 US funds every night, do you KNOW how much that is in Canadian money, I thought for sure the least you could do is have good tea, perhaps I could speak to your manager" First of all, the tea is FREE, and it IS the good stuff. Second, It is not OUR fault that the exchange rate is low (in actuality, it is pretty good right now) and when you travel to a different country where your money is not worth much, don't complain about how expensive everything is, it is not OUR fault your economy is not the best. And do you REALLY need to talk to our manager about the TEA! Don't come to the states if you can't afford it.

Today, the head guy for the Hockey team gave my manager a Canadian Jersey, so she said I could wear it today (I think she was joking) SO I DID! And I couldn't believe how nice every one was, the guests that had been a problem and the ones who complained about everything and were mean to me were all of a sudden my friends. People I checked in were nice to me just because I was wearing their freakin' Jersey. So... GO CANADA!

I didn't mean for this to be such a vent session, but I can't wait till this stupid thing is over and we can get back to our NORMAL routine at work.

SO there is a storm outside and we're supposed to get a whole bunch of snow... I like those kind of days (except that I hate driving my car on the ice) The snow is very pretty, the flakes are HUGE so everything looks like a winter wonder land!

Last night I was driving home from Devils Lake, and it was so foggy I couldn's see 5 feet in front of my car, so I slowed down and watched very closely for deer..... then.... out of NOWHERE.... came a deer... head.... yup just the head... in the middle of the lane, and before I knew it (because it was so foggy I didn't have much time to react) I ran right over the head, the little eyes staring at me and everything... splat. I thought to myself "*#$%*@" then I thought, "where is the rest of this deer" and then there it was all over the highway. I'm sure a Semi truck did it because what the hell can decapitate a deer!! SO that is my exciting news from the last couple of days.

Kevin is supposed to leave for his Clinical study in Bemidji tomorrow, but with the storm I don't know if he'll be able to. We are going on a date tonight before he leaves. We're going to Lemony Snickits: A Series of Unfortunate Events" I'll give a review when I get back...

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!!!

4 comments:

Janelle said...

How come it is whenever you are in town you never let Darren and I know so we can come to Devils Lake and bring Cassidy so you can see her? Did we do or say something to offend you?? Let us know next time you are around....oh, yeah, and by the way your GodChild has croup. I'll tell you all about it later.

Josie, group organizer said...

I really wanted to see that movie. That poor deer. I think I'd have nightmares about deer heads for a very long time. Good luck Kevin!!!

Penny said...

Happy New Year April & Kevin.
What!!! You hit a deer head. That's just gross. You should have call us. I thought about you and wondered why you never called to tell us you made it home, but then I figured that you would call us with that fancy new cell phone if any thing went wrong, or Kevin would be calling asking what time you left if you never showed up at home. I'm glad it was just the head I'm sure a whole deer would have been a lot worse and could have hurt you. I would hate that. I'm just happy that you are OK!! You are OK right? Love you will call some time today, Love MOM

Mrs S said...

Happy New Year!!!! Yuck about the deer head. And I completly would not even be able to deal with people complaining about tea. And if your room is so expensive they could always stay in their cars.